to learn more.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for preparing complex reconciliations of general ledger accounts, reviewing complex bank reconciliations performed by others, as well as preparation and review of related general ledger transactions. This role serves as a technical expert on reconciliation issues and is a liaison between Worldwide Office and operating units to ensure compliance with internal and external financial, accounting, and administrative policies and procedures. As part of this liaison function, the Senior Accountant is expected to communicate deficiencies in bank reconciliations in a timely, actionable manner and assist the bank reconciliation preparers with corrections and resolution of reconciling items. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for management of the bank reconciliation database and related templates and will occasionally be responsible for providing and explaining documentation to internal and external auditors. The Senior Accountant is also responsible for implementing and communicating new accounting/financial procedures to non-financial audiences as well as auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting and 3 years of related work experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience with US GAAP and fund accounting principles, practices and regulations.
- Technical experience with complex accounting/financial issues.
- Experience using automated accounting systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting and 3-5 years of related work experience or equivalent combination.
- Excellent organizational skills, including establishment of priorities, commitment to deadlines, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
- Flexibility to changing situations and priorities. Finance department is undergoing a major system implementation, and the duties of the position can be expected to evolve over time.
- Oracle and/or Agresso Business World experience is a plus.
- Fluency in foreign language(s) to support global operations is strongly preferred.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
To apply to position number 41238, submit resume and cover letter as one document. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on July 10, 2013.
Failure to complete all of the required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
You must click “submit” to apply for the position. You may select “save for later” if you prefer to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please refer to our
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process