Affinity has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant. This position will be under general supervision and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), the Senior Accountant performs a variety of professional accounting duties including preparing journal entries and analyses in support of the close of financial statements on a monthly basis for UHA and various external medical groups. Prepares analysis of budget versus actual performance and conducts special analyses and projects as assigned. Prepares analysis of balance sheet accounts to ascertain and confirm the balances. Evaluates existing procedures for recording financial transactions and recommends methods of reducing time and cost of operations.
Desired Skills & Experience
PREFERRED : Experience in the Healthcare industry and familiarity with Lawson, EPIC, and IDX.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a closely related field.
- Three to five years experience in managed care general ledger work in a computerized accounting department.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, problem solve, and work well with all levels of staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate general computer skills required.
We invite you to send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com . Please include "Senior Accountant" in the subject line.
University HealthCare Alliance - 5 months ago