Veolia Environnement is the only company in the world that offers the full range of services essential to the environment. Our 312,000 employees provide businesses and communities with sustainable, high-performance services in three core areas: water services and technologies, environmental services, and energy and facility management.
At our Shared Service Center (SSC) and business unit levels, the Senior Accountant is responsible for performing professional accounting duties of a moderately complex nature in support of various accounting functions while supervising 3-4 staff accountants. This person will plan and coordinate activities and ensures the accuracy and timeliness of output and resolution of problems.
Demonstrate leadership ability.
- Prepare and/or review monthly journal entries for multiple entities.
- Prepare complex account reconciliations and analyzes effect of transactions and verifies the accounting treatment.
- Review account reconciliations prepared by staff.
- Preliminary financial statement review and analysis to ensure the accuracy of financial statements.
- Assist with the coordination of the annual financial audit.
· Independently develop solutions to non-recurring problems by analyzing, interpreting and evaluating various precedents and data.
· Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities.
· Demonstrate strong technical accounting knowledge and analytical skills.
· Demonstrate ingenuity and initiative to coordinate problem resolution, resolve conflicting priorities and to meet assignment deadlines within a team environment.
· Demonstrate ability to prepare accurate, effective and complete written communications
· Effectively communicate with good verbal, presentation and listening skills.
· Show evidence of good organization and project planning skills.
· Strong PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and financial systems.
· Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information or issues
· Involvement in implementing process and systems improvements is a strong plus.
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration preferred
· 3-5 years of related work experience
· Detail oriented
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong leadership skills
· Ability to organize and manage varying tasks
· Ability to work autonomously and with initiative
Veolia Environmental Services - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
- 5 days ago
- 22 days ago
- 22 days ago