Essential Qualification: |
Education/Certification: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of experience and instruction, CPA preferred
Required Knowledge: Knowledge of basic accounting concepts and procedures including account reconciliation.
Experience Required: 4 - 6 years accounting experience
Skill and Ability: Detail oriented
Financial analysis skills.
Problem solving and analytical skills. Able to work in team environment. Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Essential Functions :
1. Maintain integrity of ledgers and transactions.
2. Conduct monthly account analysis.
3. Partner with other departments to coordinate monthly close.
4. Generate and record journal entries.
5. Research discrepancies and account reconciliations.
6. Calculate trend performance on major areas.
7. Assist in financial analysis and budgeting.
8. Participate in preparation of monthly financial package and reports.
9. Financial audit preparation and coordinate the audit process
10. Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
11. Ability to adapt to changing priorities to support business initiatives
Other Functions: 1. Participate in ad hoc projects.
The Vitamin Shoppe - 13 months ago
Vitamin Shoppe helps vitamin-takers meet their recommended daily requirements. The fast-growing company sells vitamins, supplements, and...