Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
Due to internal promotions, Waste Connections, the third largest waste industry company in the U.S., has an immediate position available for a Senior Accountant for our Portland, OR operation. On top of competitive pay, bonus, stock, and family benefits we offer a great working environment and opportunities for advancement. Join a nationwide company with a strong Oregon presence.
The Senior Accountant position offers abundant growth opportunities with a large company. The position has strong growth potential and is ideal for those that have the desire to become a Controller, handling the accounting for several business units within the Company. As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for overseeing the financial functions of several of our operating locations. This is an excellent opportunity for an operationally-minded, hands-on individual looking for an established career path with growth opportunities.
Candidates are required to have a Bachelor's degree in accounting from a major university and 2-5 years of accounting experience. Salary range is $55-65,000 DOE.
EDUCATION / Requirements
- Performing monthly financial close functions through preparation of financial statements for each operating location
- Providing variance analysis monthly of actual results vs. budget and forecast
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Preparation of detailed annual financial budgets
- Completion of monthly financial projection and analysis
- Rate analysis and review
- Completion of financial proformas for contracts and capital justification
- Evaluating, assessing and strengthening internal controls
- Special projects as assigned
- Partnering and being a business leader with the District Manager
*BS/BA degree in Accounting
*2-5 years relevant experience
*willing to relocate along the west coast for future opportunities
*budgeting process experience a plus
*proven excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future" . EOE
Waste Connections - 20 months ago
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...