ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 60 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 700 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
The ABA Rule of Law Initiative seeks a Senior Accounting Clerk for its Administration and Finance Division.
- Prepares transactions, journal entries and verifies that proper accounting policies and procedures are followed;
- Assists in the preparation and auditing of expense reports;
- Researches and responds to questions regarding various financial transactions from staff, vendors, contractors and members;
- Assists the ABA ROLI entities with the preparation of grant budgets;
- Assists the Senior Financial Analyst in the preparation of detailed financial reports for senior management;
- Provides high level customer service to the ABA ROLI entities;
- Requests vendor and contractor payments and staff reimbursements;
- Multitasks to complete varied assignments as needed with the ability to prioritize tasks and be flexible;
- Ability to work in a multi-national environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience;
- Advanced level working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, with the ability to analyze financial data and create spreadsheets that are end user friendly.