Provides clerical, computer, and customer service skills in the performance of a variety of duties to maintain accounting records and reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions
• Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts
• Computes and records charges and refunds
• Types vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through the Tarrant County College ( TCC ) Institute
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma ( GED )
• Two (2) years of accounting, bookkeeping or equivalent experience
• Ability to handle large amounts of money and records accurately
• Proficiency in use of calculator, keyboarding and ten-key by touch
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Experience working with computerized systems
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Special Instructions Summary
Must be able to work flexible hours as needed. May work 19.5 hours per week or less.