HEINEKEN USA Inc., the nation's leading upscale beer importer, is a subsidiary of Heineken International BV, the world's most international brewer. European brands imported into the U.S. include Heineken Lager, the world's most international beer brand, Heineken Light, Amstel Light, Newcastle Brown Ale, and Strongbow cider. HEINEKEN USA also imports the Dos Equis portfolio, Tecate portfolio, Sol, Indio, Carta Blanca and Bohemia brands from Mexico. For a safe ride home, download the HEINEKEN USA-sponsored Taxi Magic™ application from your smartphone at taximagic.heineken.com.
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for a Senior Accounting Manager.
Area of responsibility:
This highly motivated person will lead the general accounting team and ensure compliance with company and US accounting procedures and practices.
Key focuses will be to develop staff, to deliver accurate & timely financial statements, and to drive continuous process improvements in support of enhanced financial account analysis and review.
Lead accounting team area: Supervise the accounting team and ensure that assignments are properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
Manage monthly close process: Implement best in class close protocol.
- Lead key cross functional projects and company initiatives.
- Work with key constituents to ensure accounting processes are efficient, effective, well communicated and understood.
- Lead, manage and develop a team of finance professionals.
Financial statement preparation:
- Develop, implement, and enforces policies and procedures for accounting related functions. Consistently review processes and gives recommendations for improvement.
- Prepare / Review Journal Entries – ensure entries are proper, appropriate detail / backup is included. Proactively communicate as needed to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Evaluate, develop and enhance accounting process to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee the preparation, analysis, and review of the monthly P&L, Cash Flow, and Balance Sheet.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts and detailed account analysis are properly reported and well understood.
- Evaluate and communicate balance sheet risks & opportunities in accordance with company’s quarterly reforecast process
- Assist with the company’s forecasting and budget process.
- Develop strong relationships with finance, sales and marketing and operations to ensure clarity and understanding of financial statements
- Lead IFRS and GAAP external audits. .
- Review tax and compliance work.
- Ensure critical timelines are met.
Background / Experiences:
- Be Brave
- Decide & Do
- Hunt as a Pack
- Take it Personally
- BS in Accounting/Finance. CPA. Knowledge of IFRS a plus.
- 7 to 9 year experience in public / private in progressively responsible Accounting/Finance roles in Consumer Products.
- Team oriented, results focused individual with hands-on style committed to delivering a very high quality work product within prescribed deadlines.
- Requires strong organizational, team building, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Proven leadership and project management experience. Able to work in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision.
- Exemplary judgment and decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Handle pressure and multitask comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong accounting and tax knowledge. Analytical and detail oriented with well-developed financial analysis capabilities.
- Excellent computer skills - SAP, excel.
Heineken - 8 months ago
Heineken is one of the world's leading brewers, with a wide international presence through a global network of distributors and breweries....