SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Senior Accounting Manager at the Sands Event Center. The Senior Accounting Manager, is responsible for ensuring all financial operational tasks are completed accurately including daily and monthly reporting and reconciliations, journal entries, payroll, and accounts payable.
• Manages accounting procedures for each event including cash and vault preparations and closeout
• Builds event flashes and reconciliations and maintains critical statistical information on customers and events
• Oversees, reviews, and posts accounts payable, payroll, union benefits and tip payouts
• Post journal entries as required
• Ensures proper segregation of duties exist throughout the department
• Manages inventory and FF&E valuation processes and uses inventory software to ensure proper controls and efficiencies are realized
• Assists in scheduling vault clerks and possibly other financial positions to support events
• Responsible for the monthly reporting package and presentation the creation of F&B forecasting, budgeting, and various ad hoc analyses
• Develops a strong control environment and maintains the locations financial policy and procedures
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of any of the unit.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
• 3 years experience in accounting responsibilities within the hospitality industry
• Prior supervisory experience preferred
• Extensive knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft Office products such as Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Word.
• Experience with Micros POS desirable.
• Customer Focused: Driven to deliver best-in-class service
• Ability to successfully lead and develop others
• Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting practices
• Detail-oriented and strong analytical skills
• Ability to convey detailed business drivers into big picture impact when communicating to executive leadership
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
• This position will require the ability to interact with all levels of staff including executive management
• Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for
consideration and may be sent to:
Sands Bethlehem Event Center
77 Sands Blvd.
Bethlehem, Pa 18105
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D
SMG World - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard