Apply Now To This Position
Job Location :
Baltimore Home Office
FTR- Full Time
8:30am - 5:30pm
Position Summary: The Senior Accounting Systems Specialist provides advanced support for software applications to include training, direction, guidance and recommendations to maximize efficiency and operation of applications.
How you will serve our residents and our community:
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrates the STARS principles of Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation and Success in all activities and interactions.
- Performs systems analysis, upgrades, installations, testing, and training for Yardi application software.
- Provides technical support to Yardi users via telephone, email or in person; escalates issues appropriately to ensure timely resolution; monitors support activity to identify trends or emerging issues and recommend solutions.
- Tracks all system issues and/or enhancements using Shelter’s Help Desk system. Inputs, updates and closes tickets through Help Desk system. When necessary, forwards issues to appropriate personnel.
- Develops, continuously refines, and conducts user training for Yardi applications via classroom sessions, web-based seminars, written instruction, on-line courses, and one-on-one training; manages training offerings to ensure proactive and timely user support.
- Monitors emerging applications and available upgrades to Yardi software; recommends enhancements to increase efficiency and data integrity, resolve system challenges, expand functionality, reduce expenses and meet emerging business needs and opportunities.
- Serves as liaison with third party software providers and consultants; works in partnership to identify, research, and resolve system issues.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to stay abreast of emerging business needs, changes in policies and/or procedures, regulations, and training needs related to Yardi applications; shares information with software support team and works proactively to support internal stakeholders’ needs.
- Assists with administration of the Yardi application and monitors system performance for maximum data integrity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Serves as a manager and mentor of trainees while in the classroom or other training settings. Conducts evaluations of trainees to provide feedback to participants and managers. Handles difficult situations and confronts issues when needed.
With our residents in mind, the right candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a Technology related discipline and a minimum of three years’ experience in software support or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in accounting, senior living, and/or property management strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Yardi Property Management Software applications.
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet based applications such as web conferencing.
- Excellent written communication skills including proper grammar and professional writing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to connect and communicate effectively, in English, with associates of all levels.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to speak in front of large and diverse audiences.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods.
In conformity with applicable laws, The Shelter Group, Shelter Properties, Brightview Senior Living, and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, or physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law or unrelated to job requirements or because of the individual's refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test.
Returning Applicants Login Here:
If you do not remember your password click here .
Current Associates Login:
The Shelter Group can give you shelter (or more likely sell it to you). The company invests in, develops, renovates, and manages residential...