Senior Accounting Technicians are given a wide variety of general accounting and consulting assignments. Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of accounting and consulting knowledge, and ability to meet time constraints.
Required Experience and Education
Bachelor’s degree in accounting
3 – 5 years accounting experience including financial statement preparation, general ledger management, journal entry posting, and payroll tax filings
Experience in a CPA firm helpful
Proficiency with computer and spreadsheet software programs
Our Firm serves a broad range of industries including Health Care, Construction, Manufacturing, Professional Services, and Franchising. We value our people, our clients, innovation, leadership, teamwork, doing what's right, technology, and success.
- Prepares financial statements and budgets using computer software programs. Analysis of general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy and provide meaningful management information.
- Verifies and/or enters accounting transactions in a computerized accounting system ensuring proper coding, detecting and reconciling discrepancies in financial records and maintaining all relevant documentation and workpapers.
- Reconciles bank statements and prepares or manages accounts payables.
- Prepare appropriate schedules and reports as requested including cash flow reports, depreciation schedules, bonus calculations, and overhead calculations.
- Prepare various business related tax returns and forms such as sales tax, personal property schedules, workers compensation audits, corporate annual reports, 1099s, and business license tax.
- Process payroll and prepare W2s, payroll tax deposits, and/or payroll tax returns.
- Performs other accounting and consulting duties as needed in projects and as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with clients, including frequent face-to-face interaction.
BUSINESS ADVISORY AND ACCOUNTING