The Senior Accounts Payable Manager ensures timely and accurate processing of disbursements to employees, individuals, partnerships, corporations, and other entities through the Oracle Accounts Payable module.
The incumbent oversees the maintenance of supporting records, ensuring compliance with state and federal policies and regulations.
The Senior Accounts Payable Manager ensures controls meet internal and external audit requirements and support prevailing policies and procedures.
The Senior Accounts Payable Manager manages employee performance, including but not limited to thorough regular review of established metrics.
The incumbent drives process improvements identified to improve the customers' experience and control expenses.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Accounts Payable department, which is responsible for processing non-payroll disbursements to individuals, partnerships, corporations, and other entities.
- Manage the timely payment of rent and dues to landlords of real estate leased by American Tower.
Develop and maintain policies and processes that prevent money not due from getting paid.
Reconcile accounts and work with other relevant departments.
- Manage the budget and accounting of company-owned office facilities.
Reconcile accounts and partner with external companies where required in the management of American Tower-owned office facilities.
- Lead the reporting of Procure to Pay metrics, value tracker, spend analysis and diversity spend reporting.
- Responsible for timely implementation of Oracle’s R12 Accounts Payable module and ensuring that it meets business needs.
Key criteria for success are enhanced controls, efficient reporting, increased productivity and minimization of manual work.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of purchasing and payment documents in Oracle such as purchase orders, travel reimbursements, and stipends, ensuring compliance with state and federal policies and regulations by maintaining metrics to meet performance standards.
- Lead the review and rework of Accounts Payable accounting policies, procedures and controls and establish procedures to maximize efficiency in processing invoices and other payment requests.
- Ensure an accurate and efficient monthly closing of Accounts Payable financial records and posting of month-end information.
Ensure accuracy of Accounts Payable information impacting the financial statements.
- Coordinate 1099 tax reporting for payments to individuals and partnerships.
- Interact with internal and external auditors; participate in occasional auditing projects or provide information and access to accounting records.
- Participate in the development and management of annual operating budgets for Accounts Payable department.
Monitor spending for adherence to budget and recommend variances as necessary.
- Supervise and manage the performance of Supervisors, Analysts and Coordinators in the Accounts Payable department.
- Create strong collaborative team environment.
- Recruit, develop and retain staff, partnering with Senior Management, Recruiting and Human Resources.
This includes on-boarding and orientation for new hires.
- Provide disciplined performance management for team.
Define and communicate annual goals, perform formal and informal performance reviews, and ensure changes and updates are communicated in a timely and professional manner.
- Proactively identify and resolve personnel issues in conjunction with Human Resources
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficient understanding of internal controls related to Accounts Payable and General Ledger Accounting
- Strong analytical skills and ability to execute value-add operational analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Strong relationship-development skills resulting in long term mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Self motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions.
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment
- Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
- Good strategic and problem solving skills to effectively influence decision making in key negotiations.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum six years Accounts Payable experience
- Experience supervising a team of three or more required
- Experience working and coordinating with others in different geographic locations preferred
- Oracle knowledge preferred
Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
Approximately 0-5% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry.
Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with business needs.
More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met.
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.
American Tower - 17 months ago
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless...