Senior Acquisition Specialists are primarily responsible for managing, planning, organizing, and leading tasks and projects for the entire acquisition life-cycle, and for exceeding client expectations in the quality of all client deliverables. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and reviewing acquisition strategies, documentation, statements of objectives, source selection plans, and business cases that support acquisition decisions;
- Provide technical support to ongoing procurement policy standardization efforts.
- Drafting or review policy or procedural documents for government personnel review and approval.
- Assist in the review of current procurement policy and identify and recommend ways to improve for organizational review, approval, and implementation.
- Assist in the review and tracking of current procurement best practices as it adds to the knowledge base of organization procurement personnel.·
- Asses existing Department metrics for meaningful measurement of organization strategic policy goals.
- Providing acquisition support for services and supplies, including major system acquisitions, and executing the full life-cycle acquisition requirement;
- Utilizing automated systems for tracking and monitoring acquisition status, funding, implementation, and closeout; and
- Utilizing Acquisition Solutions’ knowledge base to stay current on all facets of acquisition.
About ASI Government
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related field or equivalent certification.
- The candidate must be DAWIA Level III or FAC-C Level III certified in Contracting, or otherwise have an equivalent certification.
- 8+ years of experience in the Federal acquisition arena.
- 10+ years of experience with Acquisition/procurement policy analysis
- Well-developed acquisition planning, strategy development, negotiations, contract administration, pricing analysis, and related functional assignments in the execution of the acquisition related requirements.
- Superior knowledge of performance-based service contracting concepts, strategies, and governing rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and mastery of federal acquisition laws and regulations, including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) and agency specific regulations.
- Ability and desire to maintain and expand client relationships through the delivery of high quality work.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read regulatory, policy and related acquisition guidance, interpret that guidance to a stated situation, and apply the concepts presented in the guidance.
- Ability to think independently and provide others with convincing and persuasive evidence that supports a stated acquisition strategy or position.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively, both independently and in teams, ensuring timely completion of assignments and meeting established quality standards.
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact in a professional manner with senior level government managers and teammates during periods of high stress and tight deadlines.
For more than a decade, ASI Government (formerly Acquisition Solutions, Inc.) has served as a trusted advisor to government leaders seeking to improve mission performance, enhance organizational effectiveness, and drive strategic change. Our professionals are called in to help agencies deal with their toughest program and acquisition challenges, and we have a history of delivering results. We hire the best and the brightest in the industry. Our people are skilled professionals with integrity, intelligence, and the motivation to make a difference. Best of all, we offer meaningful work, open communication, and a highly collaborative environment.
We are seeking talented professionals for this position on an on-going basis in anticipation of near-term and future business needs. When a position becomes available, we will review your credentials at that time. Thank you for your interest in ASI Government!
Acquisition Solutions - 8 months ago