GAINSCO Auto Insurance markets non-standard private passenger automobile products through retail agencies in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia. GAINSCO Auto Insurance has fully integrated insurance capabilities, including marketing, underwriting, customer service and claims handling. Our operations are bilingual (English/Spanish).
Job Function : Working with Product and Regional Office business partners to help achieve company’s financial goals through sound actuarial rates.
Essential Duties :
Required behaviors for all positions :
- Rate reviews and rate change proposals. Perform actuarial review of rates and produce rate change proposal package to product and regional office business partners.
- Prepare rate filings. Prepare filing exhibits to state regulators and comply with state rate regulation requirements.
- Work with IT to deliver production rates. Load and test rates to ensure accurate rates in production.
- Business monitoring reports. Design and maintain monitoring reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all Company codes, regulations, policies, values, work procedures and instructions
- Regular attendance
Education : Bachelor’s degree, with preference in a quantitative analytical field such as Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Finance and Economics; preference is also given to those who are actively pursuing CAS actuarial designations through continuing coursework and examinations.
Experience : 3-5 years of Property/Casualty Insurance actuarial pricing work experience with working knowledge of actuarial pricing methods.
Skills and Abilities
: Advanced skills in performing mathematical calculation; excellent verbal and written communications skills; the ability to gather information and express ideas effectively to individuals and groups at all levels of the organization; advanced computer skills, specifically in databases and spreadsheets; excellent organizational skills; keen attention to detail; understanding of non-standard auto insurance is preferred.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, life and accident insurance, short term and long term disability insurance. EOE.
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.
Gainsco Auto Insurance - 4 months ago
Well, you wouldn't call an insurance company LOSSCO, would you? Through its MGA Insurance subsidiary, GAINSCO sells personal nonstandar...