The AIG Global Casualty department is building a team of talented, creative, and motivated Pricing Actuaries. This quickly expanding team will partner with business decision makers to develop data-driven solutions to manage risk for both Chartis as a corporate entity and our clients.
Skills and experience we are looking for in successful candidates include:
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our Global Casualty division as an Senior Actuarial Analyst. This is an exciting time to join as we are set to expand the actuarial team.
- Intellectual curiosity
- Innovative, self-starting mentality
- Teamwork and customer-service
- Culturally astute, dealing with "clients" from around the globe
Responsibilities are as follows:
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
- Prepare rate filings and actuarial support for workers compensation rate filings. Be knowledgeable about the details and differences of the rating bureaus' filings on a state by state basis.
- Prepare rate filings and actuarial support for other lines of business, including GL, commercial auto, property, excess casualty. Be knowledgeable about details of ISO and AAIS filings and methodologies.
- Analyze and provide industry information and trends for WC and ISO lines of business. This includes trend, loss development, excess loss factors, credibility methodologies, experience rating, and class ratemaking methodologies.
- Analyze and provide information and expertise on the residual market for all lines.
- Review work of junior staff regarding research, actuarial methodologies, and propose more appropriate methodologies when necessary. Assist in training of junior actuarial staff.
- Provide technical expertise to questions from internal and external sources.
- Communicate with underwriters, comptrollers, claims, or legal departments. Have contact with external personnel, such as rating bureaus and insurance departments.
- BS in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related area.
- ACAS or FCAS.
- 7 years or more actuarial experience in property casualty insurance. Ratemaking experience and a knowledge of workers compensation preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Excel, Access, VBA, or other related skills
- Strong business and collaboration skills, and responsive to service needs and operational demands.
- Effective time management skill.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.About AIG
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIG_LatestNews | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig
Chartis - 14 months ago