Senior Actuarial Assistant, Fixed Products Valuation
John Hancock's Fixed Products Finance area has an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to join the Statutory and Tax Valuation team, which provides financial reporting for a diverse array of products, including: Fixed Deferred Annuities, Immediate Annuities, Structured Settlements, Group Annuities, GICs, and Funding Agreements.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports on a Statutory and Tax basis, including Reserves, Source of Earnings, required capital, and other corporate mandates in a timely manner. Analyze and explain results.
- Prepare year-end Statutory exhibits and schedules for the Annual Statement
- Perform business plan projections/modeling and prepare earnings forecasts.
- Create/modify/review computer programs and assumptions to produce necessary results.
- Prepare NAIC Model Audit Rule binders and assist in responses to internal/external auditor queries.
- Improve and automate processes.
- Initiate new projects and implement solutions as problem areas are identified.
- Respond to queries and concerns of cross-functional areas, such as the Systems and Accounting areas, by investigating issues and communicating required information.
- Demonstrated success completing actuarial exams
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Process and result oriented, inquisitive, with strong attention to details
About John Hancock:
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Access. Superior aptitude for actuarial software applications such as GGY AXIS
- The ability to successfully handle multiple projects and deliver timely results
At John Hancock you will find a wealth of opportunity both professionally and personally. Whether you take advantage of our continuous training and development offerings or participate in community events, you will have the opportunity to grow. We offer careers from Investments to IT, Finance to Marketing, Sales to Legal, and Actuarial to Human Resources, to name a few.
John Hancock is a subsidiary of Manulife Financial, a leading Canadian-based financial services group serving millions of customers principally in Asia, Canada and the US, but have other operations in as many as 21 countries around the globe. The Company offers clients a diverse range of financial protection products and wealth management services through its extensive network of employees, agents and distribution partners. Each product and service employees its own team to support the sales, marketing, customer service, analysis, and senior management responsibilities.
For more information about our benefits and organization please visit
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V
John Hancock - 11 months ago
John Hancock, the man, was a revolutionary, but the company that bears his name is a bit less fiery. John Hancock Financial Services offers...