We are looking for a Senior Administrative Assistant to support the Global Decision Support Team. The right candidate must be flexible, organized, proactive, and calm under pressure. Excellent communication and inter-personal skills are essential for this role because interaction with senior staff and others across all levels of our business groups is necessary. While being a self-starter is important we need someone who will be a good team player as part of the Global Commercial Strategy Department. This position also requires a professional demeanor, sense of urgency, and the ability to prioritize the executive’s time. The main responsibilities include calendar management, scheduling meetings and travel, expense reimbursement, finance and budget support, and other special projects as requested.
• Calendar and Inbox management: Ensures appropriate time management (schedules prep time for important meetings, time to read emails, etc.); schedule and arrange meetings. Scan incoming e-mails for importance and meeting invitations.
• General administrative support: Track and follow up on urgent and pending issues; prepare correspondence and presentations; maintain group working, reference and historic files; and process incoming and outgoing mail.
• Maintain working knowledge of relevant Biogen Idec policies and procedures and provide information in this regard as required.
• Manage expense reporting for supported staff by preparing and submitting expense reports, often including complex international travel related transactions.
• Provide finance and budget support by submitting requests for purchase orders, tracking invoices through the payment process and providing information to the finance department regarding monthly accruals.
• Support or facilitate communication with international affiliates outside of normal office hours as needed.
• Logistic support, coordination and set up of meetings and events by managing the process from start to finish to include arranging location and necessary equipment, preparing agenda and relevant information, preparing minutes and other relevant tasks.
• International Business travel arrangements for department. Understands preferences of supported staff, and proactively troubleshoots and addresses travel conflicts. Additionally, generates detailed itineraries, including arranging visitor offices and coordinating office support needs in satellite locations.
• Trains or familiarizes new staff on Biogen Idec work processes and procedures, and acts as a resource to new employees as required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; highly polished and articulate.
• Excellent inter-personal and writing skills
• Exceptional organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to work in an accurate manner.
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and to perform tasks simultaneously with minimum supervision in a fast paced environment.
• Possess a high-level of proficiency with Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Word and PowerPoint.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and determine priorities.
• Demonstrated experience problem-solving and maintaining a proactive and diplomatic demeanor in complex, ambiguous situations.
• Demonstrated experience in execution and accountability for project coordination. Familiarity with biotechnology/ pharmaceutical industry preferred.
Minimum High School Diploma, Associates Degree/college coursework preferred.
Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a global leader in the discovery, development and delivery of innovative therapies to improve the lives of...