Reporting to the Head of Regional Office- Miami, the Senior Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support for the Miami Regional Office. The duties are varied, and include answering the main phone line, answering basic questions regarding the business, general administrative tasks and assist with consignments as needed.
(Duties include but are not limited to the following):
- Answer basic questions regarding the business
- Speak with clients – (requires superior written and verbal communication skills)
- Work closely with specialists and department heads – must be capable of managing those relationships
- Manage client accounts: support business-getting efforts by following up on consignments and appraisals
- Track estimate requests.
- Coordinate travel plans
- Office monthly total sales/expense and financial reporting
- Schedule appointments
- Answer phones – polite and professional telephone manner
- Maintain client files
- Clerical – file, fax
- Assist with “Walk-ins”
- Initial walk through for possible consignments
- Liaison with Decorative Arts, Books, Wine and Collectibles, Interiors, Prints and organizes visits with Specialists from those departments.
- Follow through on consignments; reviews buyers reports; updates client information in Siebel
- Organizes and oversees pickup for consignments
- Assist in creating and writing power point presentations
- Recruit, interview and hire interns; coordinate with HR
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Spanish fluency desirable
- Internships or work experience in art related business
- Knowledge of E-mail, Spreadsheet, Word Processing and Presentation software (Microsoft Office preferred), Power Point
- Ability to learn Christie’s systems including Siebel, Property System, intranet and website.
- Strong typing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communication
- Superior client service skills
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail
- Work is performed primarily in an office setting
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate
- Monday through Friday regular business hours but should be available to assist and be present for exhibition tours or museum events or T&E events that may take place after hours or on weekends – These occurrences are not periodical but there should be a commitment to be a team player
- There may be very light travel to assist in tagging or supervising shipments of Florida consignments
- Infrequent light physical effort required
Tools & Equipment Used:
Basic office equipment including personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, office supplies
Christie's, originally founded in 1766 by James Christie, pursued an innovative real estate venture in 1995 by acquiring Great Estates, a...