This challenging role as an Executive Assistant will support our National Relationship Manager for our Wire/Regional Channel and our National Relationship Manager for our Independent, Bank and RIA channel. The qualified candidate will work well in a team-environment while providing total support to the executives (and their teams as needed) in all aspects of their role. This individual will interact and serve as the front line experience with our clients. This individual must be capable of interacting and effectively working with senior executives, team members within the department, with employees throughout New York Life, as well as with external business partners/contacts.
- Maintain the overall support of the executives, including high volume phone coverage, complex business calendar and correspondence in a timely and professional manner.
- Coordinate meetings/events, conferences, conference calls and travel arrangements with high attention to detail and follow-up.
- Provide status on all projects and handle expense reports, tracking and reporting for the executives and department as well as assisting with the day-to-day operations.
- Coordinate all document tracking and retention while ensuring their accessibility.
- Liaise within the department, across the organization and with external partners/vendors/associations.
- Coordinate efforts to ensure that projects are delivered on time and schedules are adhered to on a daily/weekly basis.
- Provide weekly agendas in advance of all channel Relationship Management/sales meetings.
- Handle Ad-hoc projects and assignments as the business dictates
- This individual will be empowered to act on behalf of the executive(s) and will truly be a partner on all day-to-day operations.
- The role requires a high attention to details as well as exposure to confidential information. Job Location NY - New York (51 Madison Ave) Department INV - RETIREMENT & ANNUITIES Position Type Full Time AutoReqId 7097BR Required Qualifications • Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; Strong problem solving and negotiation skills; Strong ability to grasp concepts and processes; Ability to partner and influence
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Detail oriented with strong follow-up skills
- Flexibility in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- A willingness to work overtime, as necessary
- 5-10+ years as an administrative assistant in a corporate environment
- Solid proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio and Lotus Notes.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
New York Life - 14 months ago
New York Life Insurance has been providing life insurance policies in the Big Apple since it was a tiny seed. While the top mutual life...