Senior Administrative Assistant
Standard & Poor's is the world's premier provider of investment research, market indices, credit ratings, financial data, and fixed income research and analysis. With more than 10,000 employees and offices in nearly two dozen countries, S&P is valued by investors and financial decision-makers everywhere for its analytical independence, market expertise and thought leadership. For 150 years Standard & Poor's has been an integral part of the global economic infrastructure. Its operations provide essential information to nearly every segment of the global financial community, creating the tools, analysis and research needed to make informed investment decisions. http://www.sandp.com/.
Standard & Poor’s is seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant to work in its Washington D.C. office.
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President Global Regulatory Affairs and colleagues.
- Responsible for scheduling appointments with Members of Congress and their staff as directed, monitoring legislation and regulation, and drafting correspondence. All scheduling of meetings, lunches, fundraisers, etc will go through SAA.
- Schedule weekly department staff meetings and consultants’ meetings.
- Prepare presentations for senior management and board meetings.
- Process and monitor all charitable and political contributions in gifts and distribute checks to organizations.
- Manage departmental budget. Review budget monthly with Vice President and his staff. Pay bills for subscriptions and publications as applicable through invoicing process.
- Create a system for office supplies, beverages, coffee. Order to needs of staff within budget constraints.
- Reconcile business credit card accounts, provide expense reporting, phone coverage, calendaring, and travel arrangements.
- Handle planning of all congressional fundraisers for senior management.
- Assist in planning of annual department planning meeting with outside consultants.
- Coordinate and oversee Washington events hosted by the company.
- Assist with outreach of external charitable organizations to determine S&P’s
support of the organizations.
- Create and maintain filing system while adhering to all records management requirements.
- Handle sensitive and confidential materials and matters for the office.
- Assist in the administration of day-to-day management and oversight for long-range planning of office operations.
- File all required lobbying and FEC disclosures in a timely manner.
- Keep calendar of legislative and regulatory occurrences worldwide for senior staff.
- 5-10 years of experience in a federal government relations office OR 10-15 years in an Administrative role in a government office.
S&P Ratings Services
McGraw Hill Financial - 15 months ago
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....