Shire Regenerative Medicine's Brave culture offers employees with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to enable those with life altering conditions to lead better lives.
This position will provide direct administrative support for the Senior Director, Commercial Effectiveness as well as administrative support for the Commercial Effectiveness team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides general and direct administrative support for the Senior Director, Commercial Effectiveness and the Commercial Effectiveness team including meetings/conferences and travel arrangements, calendar management, expense reports, composing correspondence, preparing complex documents, electronic file management, editing, proofreading and creation of electronic presentations.
- Provides administrative support as directed to include, but not limited to, generation of meeting minutes and agendas, maintaining schedule of on-site conference rooms, booking room reservations and coordinating on-site and off-site meetings and logistics including travel, food and beverages, team building activity arrangements through communications with outside vendors to identify and book venues.
- Coordinates complex and detailed travel arrangements for departmental staff. Schedules air, hotel, ground transportation, etc., and prepares and communicates itineraries and resolves trip scheduling problems, as they arise.
- Is pro-active and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and respond/adapt to shifting/evolving priorities.
- Processes and handles highly sensitive materials, agreements, due diligence information, and emails in a confidential manner.
- Assists departmental staff with submitting check requests, reviewing and garnering approval of invoices, tracking purchase orders, ordering supplies and maintenance of records for budget reconciliation.
- Supports department meetings and event functions by reserving and preparing meeting rooms; working with vendors to coordinate off-site meetings (to include site visits and Lunch and Learns), which often include meeting rooms, A/V, food and beverage and team building activities; as well as occasional travel arrangements for external participants.
- Manages and tracks departmental functions such as vacation schedules and departmental calendars.
- Works closely with fellow administrative personnel across the company to ensure coordinated efforts, as well as with coworkers at all levels in the departments for optimal communication and collaboration.
Position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred. Must have five to ten years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience working in an office environment supporting senior executives. Experience working in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device company or familiarity with or knowledge of the life sciences a plus. Must have excellent communication skills as this position will be a first point of contact for outside visitors and other external callers. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio). This position requires solid organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, and solid verbal communication skills.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations and publications. Ability to write reports and executive correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Normal office environment.
This position may require limited travel to meetings and/or medical conferences.
Shire - 2 years ago
Shire plc (Shire) is a specialty biopharmaceutical company that focuses on meeting the needs of the specialist physician. Shire focuses its...