We are seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant to join the administrative team in Marketing & Informatics. Provide analytical and specialized administrative support to relieve one or more Director level leaders of intermediate to complex details and advanced administrative duties. Act as a Business Partner to the Director(s) and understand the requirement for flexibility and accommodate shifting priorities while representing and supporting the Director(s) in planning, directing, managing and coordinating the Corporation’s views and interests. Make mid to high level contacts of sensitive, moderately complex and highly confidential nature both inside and outside of the company. Work independently on a proactive basis.
- Manages and provides clerical and administrative support including but not limited to word-processing, presentations, data management and analysis, scheduling, proof-reading , video/teleconferences, travel arrangements, purchasing, record keeping, filing, copying and mailing.
- Leads the process for the Director(s) accessibility and helps to create open lines of communication with staff as well as peer level and occasionally “C” level executives.
- Directs, manages and/or coordinates projects with various staff and departments generally involving work of a confidential nature and requires knowledge of the practices and procedures of the function, company products, policies and programs.
- Assists in managing, planning and coordinating events, conferences and meetings of a more complex nature involving details of logistics, international and national requirements, special considerations, etc. which may involve some level of direction. May lead a team or independently manage a simple to intermediate level event, conference or meeting.
- Prepares, reviews and tracks invoices as well as expense reports for a specific department and/or Director(s).
- Acts as a liaison as well as serves as a resource person inside and outside of the company and acts to resolve intermediate level to complex problems in relation to administrative coordination responsibilities
- Attends meetings as appropriate and may function as the scribe as well as ensuring the coordination of global schedules/calendars in relation to conferences, customer visits, travel requirements, etc. Develops, coordinates and distributes meeting notes to all appropriate participants.
- Responds to and writes correspondence when needed per Director’s request and approval. Develops presentation as directed by senior level management.
- Minimum of an Associates Degree with at least four years of experience
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Lotus Notes
- Requires excellent continuous team work, use of discretion, flexibility, and exemplary interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills required
- Must be detail oriented with ability to work independently and multitask in a fast-paced environment where scheduling and problem-solving skills are critical
- Able to interface with all levels of internal management and staff, domestic and international as well as outside customers and vendors
- Proven effective business writing skills; experience in project management; experience in internal and external meeting coordination; assemble, manage and analyze confidential information/documents – confidentiality is a must
Waters Corporation - 4 months ago
For 50 years, the Waters Corporation has developed innovative analytical science solutions to support customer discoveries, operations,...