With the continuing growth of our Company, an individual is needed to review and assess new business opportunities, incorporating reservoir, operations and geology into economics and development plans of assets. The successful candidate will prepare technical reports and presentations on your findings for senior management, partners, and government officials when needed to identify both the downside risks and upside opportunities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze data and incorporate this into integrated modeling and economics (ARIES platform)
- Collaborate to drive business development efforts and strategy development
- Identify key reservoir engineering issues to opportunities under evaluation and provide advice to the new ventures management team
- Build and maintain reservoir simulation model with core analysis, PVT analysis, history match and production forecast, etc.
- Familiar with conventional and un-conventional reservoir/well production decline analysis
- Integrate geological, reservoir, production data for dynamic reservoir analysis, water flooding analysis, etc.
- Lead and prepare ODP of assets. Planning and evaluation of development wells for ongoing operations
- Assist or build geological model for OOIP estimation
- Participate in technical meetings with partners
- Estimate reserves (familiar reserves definitions and requirements) and establish a reserves booking system for the company.
- Coach, motivate and develop junior staff in order to improve their skills to fulfill their job requirements. Conduct technical training to explain reservoir engineering concepts and share technical knowledge with the team.
- Assist in finding and evaluating new ventures opportunities. The candidate shall develop networks to identify assets, partnerships, mergers and/or takeovers that may be of interest to company
- Involvement in data room evaluations both on-line or involving international travel
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline
- 15 year's experience in oil and gas reservoir engineering (reservoir characterization, fluid characterization, well testing, reservoir simulation, reservoir management, asset management, etc.)
- Proven experience indentifying and coordinating additional resources
- Had exposure to new ventures identification, evaluation, and acquisition
- Strong understanding of development and production reservoir engineering and development concepts
- Good knowledge of industry standard dynamic simulation software. Computer literate in standard office software. Such as Eclipse, KAPPA (Saphir).
- Experience of discounted cash flow economic modeling and industry fiscal terms.
- Knowledge of related disciplines, e.g. geophysics, petrophysics, facilities and wells engineering, production operations, commercial and business issues.
- Knowledge of worldwide oil and gas operations
- Be professional and strong communicator
- Exposure to multiple geographical areas and experience in working in a multi-cultural and international environment.
- Willingness and mobility to travel