s Global Health and Security (GHS) Operations, Diagnostics Division is seeking a highly-motivated individual to work with our integrated team leading molecular diagnostic research and development and/or validation programs to help our customers bring new molecular diagnostic products to the market. The Diagnostics Division is situated on the beautiful Central Florida East Coast, only miles from the beach and within an hour’s drive of biotechnology centers including Medical City in Orlando.
Basic Function: Provides technical leadership and advises division management and staff in areas of expertise. Directs large or complex projects. Contributes to divisional planning by providing guidance to management on research trends, marketing and sales strategies, and interdisciplinary applications. Expands business relationships to new clients. The Senior Advisor normally reports to the Division Director.
Senior Advisor – Molecular Diagnostics
MRIGlobal’s Global Health and Security (GHS) Operations, Diagnostics Division is seeking a highly-motivated individual to lead molecular diagnostic research and development programs to help our customers bring new molecular diagnostics to the market.
In this position the successful candidate for the Senior Advisor will be expected to be experienced in the following areas:
- Experience with and background in IVD Product Development. Remain informed and current on technological developments in own area of specialization as well as related fields. Publishes technical papers and participates in professional societies through presentations and committees or officer participation.
- Experience developing and validating molecular assays; experience IVD product development is highly desirable.
- Responsible for technical research excellence. Provide significant contribution in planning and implementation of new technology development and advises management in the direction that technology is taking.
- Client and customer interaction as well as the preparation and delivery of presentations, project progress and results.
- Project Management training and/or direct the work of other staff in the conduct of research projects to successfully deliver on time, on budget and quality products to our customers.
- Strong Molecular Biology skills to compliment the MRIGlobal focus in molecular diagnostics. Familiar with biotechnologies supporting IVD, Infectious Disease, Oncology, real-time PCR, next generation sequencing, FISH and Immunohistochemistry (IHC). Experience with one or more is desired.
Job Responsibilities: Recognized as a technical expert at MRIGlobal, demonstrated by their peer-reviewed publications, and involvement in professional organizations. Advises management on technical matters and acts as an in-house consultant for staff on project matters. Directs or performs project work when high-level expertise is required. Promotes cooperation across division lines to strengthen interdisciplinary capabilities. Staff functioning at this level will generally spend the majority of their time performing technical leadership activities or responsibilities.
Additional responsibilities are:
- Leverage relationships with strategic clients to develop new, and increase current business relating to Clinical Diagnostics/Molecular Diagnostics/IVD research and product development (Global Health and Security).
- Application of broad and seasoned experience to critical business issues and analyze problems from both technical and business perspectives.
- Primary role is to serve as a Principal Investigator to manage research projects, identify and pursue business opportunities through leading proposals, and work with MRIGlobal Business Development team.
- Manage, conduct and/or participate in information acquisition and project tasks with minimum supervision and within time and budget constraints. Manage, as assigned, projects that may involve multiple divisions/lines of business.
- Produce written and verbal assessments based on research, correlation, and analysis.
- Achieve high technical quality in assigned projects.
- Willingness to travel
Required Qualifications and Success Factors:
- Ph.D. in Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Chemistry or other related study area and a minimum 10 years of appropriate related experience; M.S. in Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Chemistry and a minimum 10 years functioning in this capacity; B.S. in Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Chemistry and minimum 18 years of related experience; or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrates high standards of ethical business and personal conduct through daily actions and personal example.
- Recognized as a national/international subject matter expert.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with the contract research business is a plus, federal regulations (e.g. FDA 510(k) is a plus, proposal writing, project management, and instrumentation is desired.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of the business, project cost accounting, financial planning, and interdisciplinary applications. Applies seasoned business judgment to technical issues and advises on appropriate solutions.
- Leadership abilities with strong problem solving aptitude. Ability to assess a project group’s talent by examining individual capabilities and skill levels.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment by communicating expectations, assessing client needs, gaining acceptance of an idea/plan/activity/product, and interactions with technical staff at all levels
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish a specific project or goal; plans proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources; determines schedule of events; communicates expectations about tasks and deadlines; develops contingency plans.
- Proven leadership qualities, including experience with personnel, budgets, programs, schedules, and safety requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Well organized and methodical, yet flexible in adjusting priorities, and able to take risks to accomplish goals.
- Ability to organize activities and focus on priority goals and problem areas.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
MRIGlobal - 2 years ago
Founded in 1944, our company has built a reputation for innovation, technical excellence, and problem solving.
Born out of the desire to...