Forrester Research is seeking a Senior Advisor to manage and grow the largest Marketing & Strategy Leadership Board – the Marketing Leadership Council (MLC). The Forrester Leadership Boards are exclusive executive programs that provide clients with peer networking and problem-solving services, proprietary Forrester research, dedicated advisory services, and concierge-level support. We are seeking a Senior Advisor to manage a council serving Marketing Leaders at our client organizations.
The MLC is a collaborative program of senior marketers who gather throughout the year to discuss their marketing priorities, challenges and solutions. In a series of face-to-face meetings, webinars and small group discussions, members share approaches to topics such as multi-channel marketing, cross-channel measurement, social media, mobile, emerging technology, lead generation and demand management, organizing their teams, and other critical priorities. Connecting with peers in a facilitated environment and hearing from industry experts allows members to make quick and informed decisions regarding their marketing priorities, increasing both company and personal success.
In this role, you are responsible for both managing and growing the council. To successfully manage the MLC members, you continuously strengthen and deepen your relationships with your members, serving as their advisor and proactively helping them leverage Forrester and peer resources to address their business challenges. You engage directly with your members so that you can guide and direct them in the most effective ways. This engagement allows you to continuously enhance the program of events, including in-person member meetings, informal networking opportunities, webinars, and other member interactions.
In addition to managing the council, you are also responsible for working with the Forrester marketing and sales organization to engage with prospective members and add new members to the council. To accomplish this goal, you are expected to help our sales representatives identify prospective members, communicate the value proposition to these prospects, and host regional events for selected prospects.
• Serve as a business advisor to your members by helping them leverage Forrester resources to achieve their business goals.
• Continuously cultivate expertise in marketing leadership principles and best practices to enhance your advisor capabilities.
• Create and maintain intimate, trusted relationships with your members through in-person meetings and regular phone conversations.
• React quickly and efficiently to inbound member requests by identifying information that can serve members’ needs.
• Ensure high member satisfaction and renewal rates.
• Design and continuously refine a program of online and offline events and activities that help members achieve their business goals.
• Build strong connections with the marketing leadership research team and other research teams to optimize program content.
• Act as a curator of member-generated content.
• Develop well-written event summaries and other documents for member distribution.
• Act as an internal evangelist for the marketing leadership role.
• Proactively provide sales support and training to members of the Forrester sales organization.
• Support sales teams in prospecting and selling activities, including participation in proof-of-capability calls with prospective members.
• Be a resource to the sales force on the issues faced by marketing leaders and Forrester capabilities in these areas.
• Host prospecting and lead-generation activities to help achieve growth targets.
Forrester is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
• Minimum of five years of work experience in marketing
• Familiarity with key challenges and opportunities facing Marketing Leadership professionals
• Experience with client service of executives at large organizations
• Excellent relationship management skills
• Strong problem resolution abilities
• Proven written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work effectively with a team in a fast-paced learning environment
• Ability to multi-task
• Willingness to travel up to two weeks per quarter
• B.A. or B.S. degree with strong academic record
• Computer skills -- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Embracing of business ownership and accountability
• Passionate about service excellence
• Highly articulate
Forrester Research is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer; M/F/D/V are especially encouraged to apply.
Forrester Research - 7 months ago
Can't see the tech forest for the trees? Maybe a Forrester ranger can guide you through the technological timber. One of the leading...