The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Advisor who will join the Office of the President in order to provide expertise, leadership, and management coordination in aligning the College Board’s solutions and services with its strategic direction and priorities, and to leverage external partnerships to meet key organizational objectives for advancing success for all students. This position will be resident at College Board headquarters in New York City or at our Washington, DC office.
- Inform and implement a strategic agenda that supports the organizational, policy, and mission driven priorities of the College Board.
- Serve as a link among organizational divisions in aligning activities and corporate objectives with the goal of creating greater efficiencies and continual advancement towards ensuring a seamless model for serving students and communities effectively.
- Drive a student centered perspective throughout the organization including a focus on underserved student populations.
- Serve as internal and external expert on current and anticipated topics related to education reform and student success.
- Serve as a resource to align organizational direction with federal and state policies and research-based practices in support of student success.
- Work with external stakeholders including articulating and servicing the greater alignment within states and communities attempting to develop student success models.
- Promote effective practice through dissemination of successful models of use supported by evidence of impact.
- Establish and manage collaborative partnerships and initiatives focused on advancing organizational growth and student impact.
- Engage in national discussions on educational improvement and position the College Board as a major authority.
- Represent the College Board at targeted meetings and conferences.
- Communicate effectively to research professionals, policy making audiences, and the general public.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding corporate information.
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in the following required: organizational strategy, education programming, public policy, and partnership development.
- Deep knowledge and experience in education reform and student success.
- Sustained successful leadership of collaborative projects.
- Demonstrated extensive professional achievement in education measurement and strategy including focus on underserved student populations. .
- Previous supervision of staff or coordination of project teams desirable.
- Proven ability to work across organizational units in a collaborative and productive way.
- Experience with an educational or assessment company preferred.
Demonstrated competence and skills in the following:
- Developing complex strategic plans with the ability to operationalize strategy into action.
- Ability to understand both mission driven and corporate objectives.
- Understanding of education research, policy, and practice with the ability to align needs and resources and mobilize others to that end.
- Conceptualizing approaches to policy development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Communicating technical ideas clearly both to research professionals and to non-professionals.
- Organizing and leading strategic partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience connecting education policy and practice.
- Deep understanding of underserved student populations.
- Setting goals, priorities, and budgets.
- Meeting multiple deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills; working effectively on teams and committees.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality regarding organizational information.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this role, and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
The College Board - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
From dunce to dean's list, there are three letters every high school student must learn: S, A, and T (those on the dean's list...