Senior Analyst, Business Analysis and Insights
The Senior Analyst, Business Analysis is responsible for analyzing commercial and other data to develop insights and identify key opportunities for Pernod Ricard USA. Partner with internal stakeholders to understand strategic business drivers, improve route-to-market effectiveness, grow market share versus competition, build sound long-term plans, assist the Trade Marketing, Multicultural and Innovation teams to achieve key business goals. Build strategic business perspective on
brand strategies, retail segments, and market dynamics. Sources used include Nielsen, Retail Account Data (depletions), industry reports, internal trackers, demographic data, consumer research and first-hand experience visiting markets.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Nature & Scope:
- Engage with Trade Marketing, Innovation and Multicultural Marketing teams to explain drivers of business performance and provide insights on initiatives and projects including recommendations.
- Deliver scheduled reports for regular measurement of business performance. Populate standardized templates/scorecards to prepare for exec meetings and other milestones on the planning calendar. Develop new reporting tools or platforms as may be demanded by business needs.
- Develop broader market perspective by assisting the team analytically on required key projects. Participate on cross functional task forces representing the Business Analysis function’s lead.
- Perform analyses to identify target geographies/retailers with high growth opportunity using standard frameworks/concepts; partner with stakeholders to ensure execution/implementation.
- Perform other ad-hoc analyses as necessary.
This position will support the evolution of Business Analysis and Insights to become more proactive and analytically focused.
He/She will act as the quintessential advisor to the Trade Marketing, Innovation and Multicultural Marketing teams, understanding and fulfilling their informational needs, evaluating performance and supporting initiatives. He/she will provide a portfolio of regular reports as well as concise and actionable analyses investigating particular opportunities or areas of concern. Potential areas for investigation include measuring impact of pricing strategies, searching for distribution opportunities, evaluating of attractiveness of segments, evaluating performance of new products, understanding competition and evolving areas of the market.
Responsibilities include Strategic Brand Reviews, Annual Operating Plan development, and preparation for executive meetings. This role may also leverage relationships with IT in order to create, streamline or automate reporting tools. He/She will develop a broader view of the business through visiting the marketplace and summarizing learnings to key stakeholders.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience / Background: Minimum of three years non-financial analytical experience from a Consumer Packaged Goods company. Position requires demonstrated understanding of marketing/business strategy. Prior work experience with Brand Marketing or Trade Marketing a plus.
- Required Skills/Competencies:
- Strong quantitative ability: position requires commitment to accuracy and credibility
- Comfortable with PowerPoint and advanced Excel functionality including pivot tables; other analytical software such as MS Access a plus
- Comfortable with syndicated data metrics such as volume vs. value, distribution, velocity, pricing/promotional measures. Experience with Nielsen / NITRO a plus.
- Intellectual curiosity. Ability to draw connections and understand the "whys" as well as the "whats" in the data.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills; ability to draw deep connections and insights out of complex data and express findings in simple and clear term
- Pro-active attitude in building a valuable partnership with internal clients
- Ability to flex between data/analytics and marketing creativity while thinking outside the box to solve complex problems with limited data sources.
- Eagerness to learn and ability to adapt
Minimal travel (less than 5%)
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila (through a joint venture with Tequila Avión); such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry – and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is an equal opportunity employer.
The many alcoholic beverages made by Pernod Ricard find their way to the thristy US consumer through Pernod Ricard USA, which operates five...