Senior Analyst Responsibilities:
As part of the Corporate Strategy and New Ventures team, the successful candidate will support and quickly play a leadership role in the development, analysis, communication, recommendation, and execution of acquisitions, licenses and partnerships. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with exceptional leadership abilities and the proven ability to work successfully in a highly-matrixed, multi-disciplinary environment.
Primary responsibilities as a member of the Corporate Strategy and New Ventures team:
Play a leading role in developing and refining the company’s overall growth strategy:
- Lead, manage, or coordinate (depending on the particular circumstances) cross functional teams (e.g., New Product Development, Sales, Legal, Technology, and Finance) in the development of detailed evaluations (including the diligence) of transaction candidates.
- Project management of deals, including financial due diligence and valuation
- Develop and recommend strategies and tactics that will maximize the value of a deal.
- Codify and implement approaches to company, product, and technology valuation.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the Advisory Board’s current and anticipated future services and technologies to facilitate the identification and evaluation of external opportunities.
- Monitor and maintain an updated perspective on the healthcare provider technology and services industries, as well as companies, technologies, and new markets of interest to the Advisory Board.
- Support transaction approval, negotiation, and integration processes for transactions.
- Play key role in post-acquisition integration planning, execution, and tracking of value capture.
- Conduct strategic analyses to determine attractive product development and corporate development verticals.
- Spearhead strategic planning projects to identify growth opportunities for the Advisory Board. Expand the Advisory Board’s knowledge base in emerging terrains.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to independently own and run a financial model
- 2+ years in a corporate development, investment banking, or venture capital/ private equity role
- Demonstrated ability to interact across all levels within and outside of the company.
- Demonstrated ability to take leadership and key support roles on multiple projects.
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Ability to formulate and deliver clearly complex information, issues and recommendations in both written and oral presentations to senior management.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to develop and use complex financial models to inform decisions.
- A keen personal interest in the healthcare industry.
Benefits: Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package, including a comprehensive health plan, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a daytime leave policy for community service, a medical flexible spending account, and additional attractive benefits.
An Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
The Advisory Board Company and its subsidiaries provides best practices research, analysis, executive education and leadership development,...