Senior Analyst Responsibilities:
As part of the Corporate Strategy and New Ventures team, the successful candidate will support and quickly play a leadership role in the development, analysis, communication, recommendation, and execution of acquisitions, licenses and partnerships. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with exceptional leadership abilities and the proven ability to work successfully in a highly-matrixed, multi-disciplinary environment.
Primary responsibilities as a member of the Corporate Strategy and New Ventures team:
Play a leading role in developing and refining the company’s overall growth strategy:
- Lead, manage, or coordinate (depending on the particular circumstances) cross functional teams (e.g., New Product Development, Sales, Legal, Technology, and Finance) in the development of detailed evaluations (including the diligence) of transaction candidates.
- Project management of deals, including financial due diligence and valuation
- Develop and recommend strategies and tactics that will maximize the value of a deal.
- Codify and implement approaches to company, product, and technology valuation.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the Advisory Board’s current and anticipated future services and technologies to facilitate the identification and evaluation of external opportunities.
- Monitor and maintain an updated perspective on the healthcare provider technology and services industries, as well as companies, technologies, and new markets of interest to the Advisory Board.
- Support transaction approval, negotiation, and integration processes for transactions.
- Play key role in post-acquisition integration planning, execution, and tracking of value capture.
- Conduct strategic analyses to determine attractive product development and corporate development verticals.
- Spearhead strategic planning projects to identify growth opportunities for the Advisory Board. Expand the Advisory Board’s knowledge base in emerging terrains.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to independently own and run a financial model
- 2+ years in a corporate development, investment banking, or venture capital/ private equity role
- Demonstrated ability to interact across all levels within and outside of the company.
- Demonstrated ability to take leadership and key support roles on multiple projects.
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Ability to formulate and deliver clearly complex information, issues and recommendations in both written and oral presentations to senior management.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to develop and use complex financial models to inform decisions.
- A keen personal interest in the healthcare industry.
Benefits: Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package, including a comprehensive health plan, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a daytime leave policy for community service, a medical flexible spending account, and additional attractive benefits.
An Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
The Advisory Board Company is a research, technology, and consulting firm serving a global network of 165,000+ leaders in 4,100+...