We're a global team looking for the best talent - no matter where they are. This job has the option of working from either our Cambridge, MA or Santa Barbara, CA office. Apply to the posting that is best suited for you. For the right individual, Sonos will offer relocation reimbursement to either office
Job title: Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
Location: Santa Barbara, CA or Cambridge, MA
The Senior Financial Analyst will assist with financial forecasting and analytics for the company, working closely with other members of the finance and operating teams. The role will initially focus on the Product teams, and includes developing the product company financial planning, budgeting, analysis, financial reporting and annual planning processes. In addition, this individual is responsible for executing changes to enhance management reporting/analysis, supporting business intelligence initiatives and automating reporting processes. This role will provide a great opportunity to have a significant impact to the business, helping the company grow by providing detailed financial reporting and controls. Candidate should be passionate about details, change management, and cross functional engagement.
• Ownership of overall budgeting and forecasting processes, including driving the annual plan, for the Product Teams.
• Creating detailed budgets and monitoring the implementation of the budget plan.
• Leverages software applications including MS Excel/Query, Access, MS Great Plains, and others to mine and analyze data.
• Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data to management team.
• Prepares and manages monthly forecast process including expense, capital budget and cash forecasts.
• Analyzes and provide insights into the company’s financial performance, including expense run-rates, trends, variance analysis, forecasts and project costs.
• Identifies and develops key metrics and related definitions to better measure success of a variety of business initiatives – includes financial metrics, operational KPI’s, and ROI analysis.
• Interfaces with the Company’s accounting function to ensure consistency of reporting between historical and forecast data.
• BA in Accounting, Business or Finance.
• MBA preferred.
• 4 - 5 years experience in FP&A.
• Proficient at financial modeling, budgeting and forecasting techniques.
• Data mining experience and conceptual understanding of relational database management systems.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel.
• Ability to thrive in a dynamically changing organization.
• Desire to get into details and work within operating teams to manage budgets and KPI’s.
More about Sonos:
In 2002, we set out with a goal – to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our vision was simple - fill every home with music and make listening a valued experience again. We’re making it easy for everybody to listen to the music they love in every room of their home. To hear the songs they love, to discover new music they never knew existed, and to appreciate it all with the highest sound quality.
We’re doing it all over the world – In more than 60 countries, in seven languages through thousands of retailers. We’re constantly looking for ways to improve the experience – with new products, new software and continually investing in ways to provide our customers the best experience possible. We’re doing what we set out to do. Changing the way people listen to music – one home at a time.
Index Ventures - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Sonos is the developer of wireless multi-room music systems for the digital home. The award-winning Sonos(TM) Digital Music System is...