CSM Corporation, a leader in the real estate industry is looking for a sharp, highly analytical, and results-driven individual who thrives in environments that require working on multiple projects at a time.
As a leader in the industry, CMS tirelessly develops, supports, and offers the opportunity for our employees to be a part of the big picture! If our goals mirror your own, be ready to fulfill your potential while engaging with some of the most outstanding people within the organization.
Focusing on CSM’s current portfolio of hotels, this position is responsible for developing and maintaining processes, methods and reports that enhance management’s ability to make strategic and accurate business decisions that require in-depth financial planning and analysis regarding current and future business performance. In addition, this person will effectively consolidate data and information to provide clear, actionable information to business leaders.
This position is in a matrix environment reporting to both the President of CSM Lodging and the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Operational Performance: Perform proactive analysis of CSM‘s lodging operations using assessments, trends, metrics, benchmarks, statistics and research to determine financial and operational performance against expected or forecasted performance. Performance analysis includes but is not limited to the following areas: occupancy, rate, labor, food & beverage, purchasing, sales & marketing and capital spending.
2. Forecasting and Budgeting: Utilize, coordinate and advance the organization's forecast tools and processes to ensure development of reliable, insightful and actionable short and long range forecasts of income and cashflow including annual budgets.
3. Asset Management: Develop and maintain individual asset plans for each hotel in CSM’s portfolio that include salient property facts, estimated asset valuation, hold vs. sell recommendations and actionable strategies for executing under both scenarios.
4. Coordinate Divestitures: Coordinate disposition process from initial marketing of asset through closing by ensuring that all internal and external parties receive appropriate information and perform the necessary actions to successfully complete the transaction.
5. General Lodging Project Support: Works closely with the Accounting department to support on-going financial reporting projects. Provides miscellaneous ad-hoc analysis support as needed to other departments within CSM Lodging to accomplish a specific objective.
6. Self Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Attends all daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication/planning occurs. Adheres to all CSM Standard Operating Procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: 4 year finance, accounting or economics degree required. MBA graduate degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in financial analysis or related field.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze raw data and produce conclusive results for business leaders in a concise fashion.
• Proven ability to build solid working relationships and credibility through effective communication.
• Must be self-directed, detail oriented and have the ability to handle multiple projects.
• Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Excel software required.
• Experience in the lodging industry and/or lodging operations preferred.
• Experience using business intelligence or business performance management software applications preferred.
- 2 years ago - save job