Feb-09-2013, 12:59:59 AM
United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs-Englewood Cliffs -800 Sylvan
Senior Analyst, Global Equity
Unilever’s vision and strategy – the
– focuses on growth and sustainability, with an ambition to double the size of the business by 2020, while reducing its environmental footprint. Compass is based on winning in four areas: winning with brands and innovation, winning in the market place, winning through continuous improvement and winning with people.
Enterprise Support (ES) is a global business unit that manages Unilever’s shared business services, made up of HR Services, Finance Services, IT Services, Information Management Services and Workplace Services. It’s Mission - To provide excellent services globally which enable Unilever to win in the market.
Enterprise Support is a critical component underpinning Unilever’s ability to win in the market and achieve the goals of Compass. It does this by delivering excellent services globally so that Unilever can better serve customers, translate its global scale into local cost competitiveness and create maximum agility.
The Global Reward Services team, within HR Services, is responsible for delivering the Pay Review, Total Reward Statement and Equity globally. The team has expanded to include Global Workforce Administration and North America Benefit Administration. We are responsible for delivering pay review to over 55,000 employees across 98 countries and Total Reward Statements to 21,000 employees in 96 countries, which includes accountability for the global processes, technology and operational service delivery.
This role is primarily responsible for the administration of several executive equity and deferral programs as well as related programs/projects/processes for Global Unilever and North America, covering 5,500 participants in 85 countries. As a member of the Enterprise Support organization, incumbent will deliver outstanding service with an eye toward continuous improvement.
Scope of Work:
o For two Performance Share and three Share Matching programs, annual and interim award and payout processes which involve the following activities:
- Participate in administration of global executive equity and U.S. deferral programs as follows:
Consolidate and review equity award recommendations for presentation for approval by Unilever Board and North America Compensation Committee
Work closely with Global Rewards, Country Rewards Teams, Finance, country payroll departments, Comptroller’s Office, Corporate Tax Department, Global Mobility and ancillary global departments to ensure award and payout, accounting and financial reporting accuracy
Help coordinate processes with third party providers for global share plan participants and North America participants
Assist in the preparation and distribution of communications for participants
o Assist in administration of annual deferral election, distribution and reporting processes.
- Assist in administration of legacy Global and North America Stock Option and other equity programs along with third party providers.
- Work closely with Corporate and country Finance teams, Global Comptroller’s Office, country payroll departments, Global Mobility and Corporate Secretaries to meet reporting requirements including Sarbanes Oxley compliance reviews, and outside audits
- Ensure top notch service delivery with user centric mindset by working closely with the regional service delivery teams so they can respond to employee equity and deferral program questions and when required personally respond to questions from colleagues in Human Resources around the globe, Finance, participants, financial advisors for executives, and third party providers including: Accenture, Fidelity, Computershare, and Morgan Stanley.
- Provide functional, system or local subject matter expertise in relation to relevant service area
- Update and compile data upon request for relevant service area
- Build and maintain positive working relationship with users, service providers, key stakeholders and clients
- Work on additional projects as needed within Reward Services and HR Services for skill development as well as building cross functional talent and coverage.
Technical Skills and Competencies:
- The successful candidate will have minimum of two to five years compensation, finance or human resource systems experience, preferably for a large global organization. Undergraduate degree required. Degree in Finance, Human Resources, Business Management or related field ideal.
- Strong PC skills in Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, SharePoint and SAP is desirable.
- Top notch verbal and written communication skills. Must communicate with employees at all levels within the organization about sensitive and complex compensation matters.
- Capable of thinking ahead and drawing inferences from data in order to anticipate possible outcomes and issues and putting forth suggestions on how to resolve them
- Excellent administrative and organization skills. Must be detail-oriented and thorough with superior and persistent follow-through. Consistently delivers quality on time.
- Ability to be a team player while demonstrating the ability to work independently.
- Needs to be relationship-oriented and successfully deal with a broad range of professionals.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
- Experience in management of service providers (internal/external)
- Experience in supporting critical service delivery operations
- Experience in liaising and partnering with key senior stakeholders
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Our brands include Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Becel/Flora,...