A Senior Analyst / Statistics in the Health Economics and Outcomes Research Division of OptumInsight, an Optum Company, will work with a variety of pharmaceutical research projects. This employee will work with individual level data created by programmers. The SA-S is responsible for creating project specification, data verification, descriptive and multivariate statistical analysis, creating tables for final reports. The SA-S will also participate in research infrastructure projects and act as a statistical consultant for the researchers.
Analysis for research studies (85%) may include (but are not limited to)
- Responsibility for creating specification, data dictionary, and data verification.
- Executing descriptive and multivariate analysis.
- Creating tables and reports
- Programming economic models
- Working closely with Researchers to identify data issues and solutions to the issues.
- Complete project analysis documentation according to department standards
- Work within budgeted project hours and report progress back to project manager
- Mentoring junior staff
Infrastructure projects (10%) may include (but are not limited to)
- Developing / maintaining standard programs for the department standard library with focus on analytic programs
- Monitoring new data being incorporated into the ORD â€“ Optumâ€™s research data source and understanding how to use the new data for project development and analysis
- Contributing to the development of the department intranet or SharePoint facility â€“ (resources for sharing information)
Documentation and training (5%) may include (but are not limited to)
- Participation in maintenance of project reference materials and review with new employees
- Training new employees on applications used by the department
- A Master's Degree in Biostatistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Theoretical Physics, Quantitative Social Sciences, Statistics, Information Systems, technical certification in programming, data processing, or relevant experience.
- 1 - 2 yearsâ€™ experience in HEOR, managed care, pharmaceutical or similar field.
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of SAS STAT, Stata, LIMDEP or similar programming experience.
- A minimum of 1 year experience managed care/health care/ pharmaceutical claims data desired
- Competent to convert research protocol to programming specification logically and meaningfully
- Strong writing skills
- Must be able to execute multi-step data management tasks, recognize technical problems and solve with some supervision
- Must be able to perform most tasks with minimal supervision
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical co-workers
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
OptumInsight is one of the largest and fastest growing health information companies. We specialize in improving the performance of the health system by providing analytics, technology and consulting services that enable better decisions and results. We integrate workflow solutions that deliver data in real-time, and create actionable insights - processing health information that relates directly to and affects one in four patients in the U.S, one in every three Medicaid dollars and one in every five emergency room visits. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
What can YOU do with the right information? At OptumInsight, the possibilities and the impact are limitless. No matter what your role is at OptumInsight, you'll be empowered to ask more questions, develop better solutions and help make the health care system greater than ever. It's always fresh. It's always exciting. And it's never been more important.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group is the most diversified health care company in the United States and a leader worldwide in helping people live healthier...