Senior Analyst, Quantitative Research
Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY
Kelton is a rapidly growing boutique insights firm with a leadership team made up of seasoned research, communications, marketing, and innovation/design professionals; thus there is ample opportunity to learn and grow every day. We are proud of having an entrepreneurial, start-up culture where training is very “hands on” and there’s an atmosphere in which teams are tight and colleagues really help each other.
We serve as a strategic research partner to a broad array of cross-industry clients including Pfizer, Target, Bloomingdale’s, Dominos, and 8 of the 10 largest PR firms in the country. Our goal is to create a team that can use research to solve for virtually any strategic business objective. Clients rely on us for our ability to turn insights into compelling stories about customers.
Kelton is looking for motivated quantitative research analysts who are interested in learning how to do superior research and consulting while working with some of the best in the industry. In these roles, we need candidates to be naturally curious and have a passion for understanding human behavior. A high level of motivation and excellent communication skills are required to manage an incredibly diverse workload for some of the nation’s best-known brands in various industries. Flexibility to work on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and deadline-driven deliverable creation are equally important in this fast-paced environment, as is the ability to handle the workload and stress implicit in our business. Ideal candidates have very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, can run basic statistical analyses, display the creativity needed for writing effective questionnaires, and are very comfortable multi-tasking.
As this position will collaborate with many of our PR clients, an understanding of and excitement about marketing, public relations, media, current events, and pop culture is relevant and useful. Kelton is the nation’s fastest growing polling and survey firm and our work is now sought after by every major PR firm in the country. Our PR engagements examine nearly every consumer segment and interest including beauty, consumer electronics, food and beverage, healthcare, and financial services.
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree. Candidates with more than two years of relevant quantitative project management research within a market research capacity will be considered for our Senior Analyst opportunities.
- Project management responsibilities are threefold. Candidate must be able to (with support and guidance), effectively manage the following:
- Be the first point of contact for clients on projects and maintain comprehensive notes. Senior Analyst candidates should demonstrate an ability to own client contact for less complex quant projects,
- Maintain organization and timelines among the internal team (with the ability and desire to learn how to manage both “up” and “down”),
- Build relationships with external partners, including managing quality control, approving coding lists and providing clear instructions to vendors.
- Assist with report creation, including writing, analysis, chart/table creation in Excel or PowerPoint, and following direction over creation of certain identified sections of the report. With direction and framework from senior researchers, Senior Analysts should be able to analyze quantitative research data and own and complete certain sections of reports with minimal changes.
- With direction and support, assist with writing survey questionnaires, writing questions that use clear phrasing and proper spelling/grammar, and making sure all response options are mutually exclusive and exhaustive.
- Test survey links (including testing for spelling, grammar, and logic skips) and help ensure quality control.
- Conduct background research for projects; succinctly summarize large amounts of secondary research. Senior Analysts will play an active role in proposal development with methodological input from senior researchers.
- Able to effectively problem solve logistical issues and adjust on the fly.
- Proactively identify issues and suggests solutions on how to make projects run more smoothly.
- Basic understanding of qualitative research; able to guide the transition/serve as the link from quant to qual.
- Senior Analysts will manage interns and freelance resources as well as more junior analysts on a project. Qualified candidates should demonstrate a capability to help improve their skills, know what and when to delegate.
While we have specialized services that attract clients, our true specialty is our staff – a different caliber and mindset of individuals than is found at most major research firms. Kelton offers full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
- Interest in working on standalone quantitative research projects and integrated qual/quant engagements.
- Excellent PowerPoint skills and ability to create slides/graphs/charts that convey key research findings in compelling ways.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent writing/communication skills.
- Strong organizational/logistics skills.
- Quick learner.
- Works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take a big picture idea and run with it.
- Ability to independently solve problems.
- Personal accountability and strong work ethic.
- Professional, able to interact with vendors/clients.
- Positive, “can do” attitude.
- Excellent Excel skills; knowledge of pivot tables and creating charts or ability/willingness to learn.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-4+ years relevant work experience, social science/research background is preferred.
- Knowledge of SPSS or other analytical software is a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and an eye for design a plus, but not required.
To be considered for this position, please send your WORD or PDF resume and cover letter via email to
with “Senior Analyst, Quantitative Research" or "Analyst, Quantitative Research" in the subject line.