Senior Analyst, Quantitative Research
New York or Los Angeles
Kelton is a strategy consultancy that creates consumer-oriented business solutions based on core human truths. We create brand relevance and resonance for our clients, by taking a creative, thoughtful and rigorous approach to interpreting insights, developing strategies, and designing solutions that deliver on consumer desires. We have a leadership team made up of seasoned research, communications, marketing, and innovation/design professionals; thus there is ample opportunity to learn and grow every day. We are proud of having an entrepreneurial, start-up culture where training is very “hands on” and there’s an atmosphere in which teams are tight and colleagues really help each other.
We serve as a strategic partner to a broad array of cross-industry clients including Target, GE, Viacom, Pfizer, Bloomingdale’s, Domino’s, and 8 of the 10 largest PR firms in the country. With our consumer insights and research platform, we’ve built a team that is uniquely positioned to develop solutions for clients that keep their customers at the center of their strategy, marketing, and innovation efforts.
We are looking for a motivated quantitative research analyst who is interested in learning how to do superior research and consulting while working with some of the best in the industry. In this role, we need the candidate to be naturally curious and have a passion for understanding human behavior. A high level of motivation and excellent communication skills are required to manage an incredibly diverse slate of work, clients, and team personalities. Flexibility to work on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and deadline-driven deliverable creation are equally important in this fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who is able to deliver amidst the dynamic nature of workload and pace inherent in a client service business. The ideal candidate has very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, can run basic statistical analyses, displays the creativity needed for writing effective questionnaires, and is very comfortable multi-tasking.
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree and three or more years of relevant quantitative project management experience within a market research capacity.
- Project management responsibilities are fourfold. Candidate must be able to (with support and guidance), effectively manage the following:
- Be the first point of contact for clients on projects and maintain comprehensive notes. Senior Analyst candidates should demonstrate an ability to own client contact for less complex quant projects,
- Maintain organization and timelines among the internal team (with the ability and desire to learn how to manage both “up” and “down”),
- Build relationships with external partners, including managing quality control, approving coding lists and providing clear instructions to vendors.
- Managing all daily operations for user definition, survey programming, analytical planning, and reviewing crosstabs.
- Assist with report creation, including writing, analysis, chart/table creation in Excel or PowerPoint, and following direction over creation of certain identified sections of the report. With direction and framework from senior researchers, Senior Analysts should be able to analyze quantitative research data and own and complete certain sections of reports with minimal changes.
- With direction and support, assist with writing survey questionnaires, writing questions that use clear phrasing and proper spelling/grammar, and making sure all response options are mutually exclusive and exhaustive.
- Test survey links (including testing for spelling, grammar, and logic skips) and help ensure quality control.
- Conduct background research for projects; succinctly summarize large amounts of secondary research. Senior Analysts will play an active role in proposal development with methodological input from senior researchers.
- Able to effectively problem solve logistical issues and adjust on the fly.
- Proactively identify issues and suggests solutions on how to make projects run more smoothly.
- Basic understanding of qualitative research; able to guide the transition/serve as the link from quant to qual.
- Manage interns and freelance resources as well as more junior analysts on a project. Demonstrate a capability to help improve their skills, know what and when to delegate
How to Apply:
- Interest in working on standalone quantitative research projects and integrated qual/quant engagements.
- Excellent PowerPoint skills and ability to create slides/graphs/charts that convey key research findings in compelling ways.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent writing/communication skills.
- Strong organizational/logistics skills.
- Quick learner.
- Works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take a big picture idea and run with it.
- Ability to independently solve problems.
- Personal accountability and strong work ethic.
- Professional, able to interact with vendors/clients.
- Positive, “can do” attitude.
- Excellent Excel skills; knowledge of pivot tables and creating charts or ability/willingness to learn.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years relevant work experience, social science/research background is preferred.
- Knowledge of entertainment industry strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of SPSS or other analytical software is a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and an eye for design a plus, but not required.
Our best asset is our staff. We only hire the most motivated, collaborative, curious, and insightful people. Only those up for a challenge and desiring a real commitment to their workplace should apply. Kelton offers full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
To be considered for this position, please send your WORD or PDF resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com with “Senior Analyst, Quantitative Research ” in the subject line.