We’re looking for a motivated quantitative research analyst who is interested in learning how to do superior research and consulting while working with some of the best in the industry. In this role, we need the candidate to be naturally curious and have a passion for understanding human behavior. A high level of motivation and excellent communication skills are required to manage an incredibly diverse slate of work, clients, and team personalities. Flexibility to work on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and deadline-driven deliverable creation are equally important in this fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who is able to deliver amidst the dynamic nature of workload and pace inherent in a client service business. The ideal candidate has very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, can run basic statistical analyses, displays the creativity needed for writing effective questionnaires, and is very comfortable multi-tasking.
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree and three or more years of relevant quantitative project management experience within a market research capacity.
Skills / Experience
- Be the first point of contact for clients on projects and maintain comprehensive notes, demonstrating an ability to own client contact for less complex quant projects.
- Maintain organization and timelines among the internal team (with the ability and desire to learn how to manage both “up” and “down”).
- Build relationships with external partners, including managing quality control, approving coding lists and providing clear instructions to vendors.
- Managing all daily operations for user definition, survey programming, analytical planning, and reviewing crosstabs.
- Assist with report creation, including writing, analysis, chart/table creation in Excel or PowerPoint, and following direction over creation of certain identified sections of the report. With direction and framework from senior researchers, analyze quantitative research data and own and complete certain sections of reports with minimal changes.
- With direction and support, assist with writing survey questionnaires, writing questions that use clear phrasing and proper spelling/grammar, and making sure all response options are mutually exclusive and exhaustive.
- Test survey links (including testing for spelling, grammar, and logic skips) and help ensure quality control.
- Conduct background research for projects; succinctly summarize large amounts of secondary research. Play an active role in proposal development with methodological input from senior researchers.
- Able to effectively problem solve logistical issues and adjust on the fly.
- Proactively identify issues and suggests solutions on how to make projects run more smoothly
- Basic understanding of qualitative research; able to guide the transition/serve as the link from quant to qual.
- Manage interns and freelance resources as well as more junior analysts on a project. Demonstrate a capability to help improve their skills, know what and when to delegate.
To be considered for this position, please send your WORD or PDF resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Senior Analyst, Quantitative Research" in the subject line.
- Interest in working on standalone quantitative research projects and integrated qual/quant engagements.
- Excellent PowerPoint skills and ability to create slides/graphs/charts that convey key research findings in compelling ways.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent writing/communication skills.
- Strong organizational/logistics skills.
- Quick learner.
- Works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take a big picture idea and run with it.
- Ability to independently solve problems.
- Personal accountability and strong work ethic.
- Professional, able to interact with vendors/clients.
- Positive, “can do” attitude.
- Excellent Excel skills; knowledge of pivot tables and creating charts or ability/willingness to learn.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus.
- 3+ years relevant work experience, social science/research background is preferred.
- Knowledge of SPSS or other analytical software is a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and an eye for design a plus, but not required.
Kelton Research - 10 months ago