Acadian Asset Management LLC is a Boston-headquartered investment management firm with wholly owned affiliates
located in Singapore and London. As of March 31st, 2013, the firm managed approximately US$57 billion on behalf of
major pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments and other investors based in the U.S. and abroad.
We are looking for a senior research analyst to join our investment team. This person will work closely with other analysts and portfolio managers. Our mission in this role is to add significant value for clients, utilizing a quantitative approach to equity investing. The ideal candidate should have the following characteristics:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- World-class analytic and quantitative skills as demonstrated by prior work experience in the area of asset management and/or financial services. Evidence of exceptional problem solving ability and strong creativity are required as well.
- Significant training in quantitative and analytic methods. Candidates with advanced degrees from a top institution in a field such as economics, finance, statistics, or computer science are strongly preferred. Strong programming skills are critical for success in quantitative asset management and a background in econometrics is helpful.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, collegiality and the ability to excel in a self-starting environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
The job will consist of research related to developing our quantitative investment process, with a focus on Top/Down macroeconomic research. Duties include:
- Critical thinking about macroeconomic investment ideas and forecasting methodology, and the ability to explain and defend those ideas to a broader audience.
- Writing code to translate these ideas into signals.
- Backtesting potential signals and investment process refinements.
- Clear verbal, graphical, and written presentation of research results to the rest of the research team and to senior management.
- Minimum 3 - 6 years experience in financial markets, preferably in quantitative asset management. Familiarity with Top/Down quantitative models and techniques is desirable but not required.
- Graduate degree with outstanding academic record in economics, finance, statistics, computer science, or a similar discipline required.
- Experience with programming languages and database software.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Acadian Asset Management - 12 months ago
Old Mutual (US) Holdings is the holding company for a group of about 20 asset management boutiques collectively known as Old Mutual Asset...