The Manager, Market Research provides analytical support for business decisions, information about current and future markets, product performance, customers, and competitors. Additionally, the position identifies critical business issues and opportunities for growth, collaborates with Vivus teams, and works to embed an external market points-of view into the strategic direction of the company. This position manages secondary market research analysis, primary research project management, and provides analytical assistance to support decision-making within the organization.
- Conduct and manages business analytics activities for Vivus products
- Evaluate the market landscape, monitor changes and predict trends in market dynamics and competition. Provide recommendations on marketing strategies and tactic effectiveness
- Provide data analysis to support recommendations on marketing strategies and tactic effectiveness
- Provide analytical support for market viewpoint based on an in-depth understanding and analysis of customer and environmental information
- Work and partner cross-functionally to understand business issues, develop analytical plans and provide timely data analysis to support sales/marketing, commercial development, business development, clinical, research, regulatory, finance, manufacturing, etc.
- Support strategic decision making across functional areas to help maximize Vivus' commercial success by providing analytical support and market research data
- Successfully employ secondary and primary market research techniques with defined business impact
- Suggest appropriate market research approach based on business needs
- Conduct analytics process with revenue forecasts, lifecycle, ROI and other commercial assessments
- Monitor and track Vivus and competitive performance and provide regular updates of any developments of competitors such as clinical trial completion, publication of data, or change in regulatory status
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with the capability to appropriately define issues, questions and data; to comprehend qualitative and quantitative methods to perform accurate analysis
- Ability to creatively think about different problems and devise pragmatic solutions to develop data into actionable information
- Ability to work well with others and properly manage work with counterpart(s) at Vivus
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to drive toward consensus.
- Exceptional persuasive written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to present the facts and put forth hypothesis in the face of differing opinions.
- Ability to build a logical story flow
- Ability to adjust to changing needs within the organization and flexibility to change priorities as needed
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity to proactively research pertinent information and/or bring new methodologies to further inform/educate the commercial team
- Demonstrated values-based skills and strong work ethic
- Some travel (~20%) may be required on an as needed basis
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE :
- 3 years of experience working as an analyst in Market Research within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Experience managing primary market research projects with physicians, healthcare provides, and patients
- Experience with pharmaceutical secondary databases
- Strong computer skills, notably Excel and PowerPoint and Word skills
- Ability to consolidate and present key findings to relevant parties and senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science or related field. A master’s degree (MBA) strongly preferred
VIVUS, Inc. is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutic products. The Company’s...