Job Title: Senior Analyst, Database Marketing - SAS Area of Interest: Marketing
Carnival Cruise Lines (“CCL”) is a branded division within Carnival Corporation, a publicly traded company founded in 1972 and headquartered in Miami. Carnival Corporation has over 90,000 employees worldwide operating 100 ships and produces over $15 billion in revenues. At any given time, there are over 270,000 people cruising with Carnival. Carnival Corporation owns a number of different cruise lines and has become the largest corporation in the cruise industry. Carnival’s portfolio of 10 leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in southern Europe; Iberocruceros in Spain, and P&O Cruises in Australia.
The Senior Analyst is responsible for providing data and integration support for customer analytics, marketing optimization, marketing operations, campaigns and channel analytics. Works with information systems, marketing and other Carnival teams to understand business needs, develop databases, models, analytics and reports to support marketing campaigns and validate and measure campaign results.
1.Creates ad-hoc tools & queries, business analysis/models and reports for revenue management, marketing operations and campaigns.
2.Develop detail-oriented, logical and documented plans for data manipulation to ensure accuracy and integrity of the results.
3.Perform data quality checks in a methodical manner to understand how to accurately utilize client data.
4.Recommends changes and/or additions to our databases. Audits the consistency and quality of database information.
5.Work as liaison between information systems and marketing. Works with Information Technology on special projects relating to formulating and analyzing core marketing data relating to business activity.
6.Interfacing with business users and data architects in order to translate user requirements into data requirements.
7.Lead projects from scope definition through to execution and implementation
8.Process and analyze large data sets and develop presentations of analysis, trends, metrics and results to management.
9.Lead efforts to implement automation of reporting and dashboards. Partner with internal stakeholders to identify and create business cases, and manage the implementation process.
This position utilizes business analysis, databases, analytics and reporting to support marketing operations and campaigns. Defining campaign strategy and creative services is outside the scope of this position. Requires strong execution skills, ability to multi-task, balance competing priorities and manage deadlines. Requires business as well as technical aptitude to work as liaison between information systems and marketing.
The Senior Analyst Database Marketing has no direct reports. The position reports directly to the Director of Business Intelligence and indirectly to the SVP Revenue Management.
5+ years of SAS programming using SAS/BASE, SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/STAT, and SAS/GRAPH, SAS Stored Processes in a data intensive environment required.
- A minimum of 3 years SAS Enterprise Guide and Enterprise Miner experience.
- Expert level programming skills using SAS as a programming language to meet the challenges of advanced data manipulation, complicated programming logic, and large data volumes is required.
- Experience with using MS office products and writing SQL is required.
- The successful candidate has a proven track record in marketing database integration with other source systems to provide a single view of customer.
- The successful candidate must have experience in implementation of SAS systems, reports, performance measurements, database architecture, business intelligence, marketing campaigns and policy decisions.
- Experience in maintaining and updating marketing database reporting, configuration tables, exception handling, data quality/control required.
- Ability to interface with users and data architects in order to translate user requirements into data requirements.
- Strong project management, verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid problem-solving skills and creative thinking to identify new solutions.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related fields. Masters preferred.
Knowledge of Tableau is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with SAS Marketing Automation, SAS Data Integration Studio, SAS Web Report Studio, SAS OLAP and SAS Information Map Studio is highly preferred.
- Marketing automation
- Knowledge of Hyperion intelligence performance tools (Interactive Reporting/Dash Boards) is a plus.
Benefits as a member of the Carnival Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary Profit Sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment .
- Tuition Reimbursement is provided for company related professional career development.
- An on-site Space Coast Credit Union satellite office, cafeteria and free parking.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- An on-site fully accredited child development center.
- An on-site Health & Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities.
- Two complimentary “Fun Ship” cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
Carnival Cruise Lines - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Carnival is "The World's Most Popular Cruise Line®", with 23 ships operating three to 17 day voyages to The Bahamas,...