Job Title: |
Senior Analyst - Real Estate
San Francisco, CA
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (real estate or finance), MBA preferred
- At least 2 years relevant experience with demonstrated understanding of commercial real estate valuation and discounted cash flow analysis
- Results orientated team player. Emphasis on communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Strong quantitative and computer skills, specifically advanced Excel modeling.
- Preference given to candidates who have relevant experience (knowledge of Argus, IRES/MRI - Foresight software a plus).
The analyst function is primary a support function for the equity team (Asset Management and Acquisitions) for the MetLife General Account portfolio and third-party investors. The portfolio includes office buildings, retail, industrial, multi-family and hotels.
- Support the Equity team in sourcing and originating new equity investment opportunities to satisfy the investment needs of the MetLife general account as well as third party investment accounts.
- Support the Equity team in managing the equity portfolio to satisfy the investment needs of the Metlife general account as well as third party investment accounts.
- Assist in underwriting and valuation of large/complex commercial real estate assets, including office, industrial, multi-family, retail, hotel, student housing and senior living projects.
- In-depth analytical analysis, preparation of transaction approval memos, and presentation to committee.
- Assist with due diligence, data collection efforts and closing process in the acquisition and development of real estate equity assets.
- Interface with all parties involved in the acquisition due diligence and closing process, including brokers, attorneys, third party consultants and representatives of third-party investor accounts.
- Coordinate with MetLife asset management professionals to minimize operational issues following closing.
- Assist in preparation of property operating budgets, capital budgets, income reprojections and Business plans.
- Model cash flows, projected returns and prepare sensitivity analysis for joint venture development projects and other value-add type property investment opportunities.
- Manage database applications and oversee portfolio reporting and monitoring requirements.
- Coordinate and assist in property inspections as needed.
- Research markets, company and industry data and financial market information.
- Support equity portfolio team as needed and assist in disposition process.
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife - 17 months ago
The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. MetLife is...