Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
The Sr. Analyst, Supply Chain Solutions Position is based in Secaucus, New Jersey. It is a key part of the Supply Chain Solutions Team, a growing solutions-oriented group.
This position will focus on heavy analysis, basic logistics solution design and implementation of complex, multi-service (transportation, international, warehousing) supply chain solutions. This position requires an individual capable of operating in a complex, data rich environment while working on several projects simultaneously. This individual must possess exceptional critical thinking and analysis skills and understand the components of a financially based value proposition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership & Project Management
· Solution Design initiatives and autonomously develop compelling value proposals of large, complex, multi-disciplinary supply chain solutions with YUSEN LOGISTICS revenues up to and exceeding $20 million
· Supply Chain and/or Logistics Focused Consulting engagements
· Craft compelling customer-specific supply chain solutions that clearly identify and communicate overall value, operational design and impact on customer business risk through a thorough understanding of cost, price and value components of each project developed through analysis, cost modeling and supply chain modeling.
· Contribute to building customer confidence in the Supply Chain Solutions approach to solutions design and the quality and accuracy of recommended customer solutions through the expert management of data tables and ability to clearly define for customers (internal & external) the required inputs for developing solid supply chain solution designs
· Directly contribute to acquiring new business for YUSEN LOGISTICS , and identifying on-going value for existing customers:
· Meet with customers to develop and confirm data, and to present and defend complex solution-based value proposals
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Finance, Economics, or other business discipline required AND:
· 3+ years experience in transportation, warehousing, and/or international logistics services required -- OR
· An advanced degree (such as MBA with Supply Chain or Business Emphasis, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, or other similar degree)
· Experience in working with, or for, Tier 1 supply chain consultancies welcomed, but not required
· Capability and competency at the user level in supply chain operations, supply chain economics, and logistics technology applications in the areas of order, inventory and shipment management
· Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with executives, clients and internal stakeholders at all levels.
· Experience in data analysis, supply chain solution design and large-scale project implementation
· Expert Level proficiency with MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access, Project, Visio) applications
· Experience in working on and with teams comprised of highly focused, analytical staff
Benefits and Compensation
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. offers employees a comprehensive total compensation package to meet both individual and family needs. Our package includes:
We invest in wellness programs designed to help you take good care of yourself and your family:
- Competitive base pay, with opportunity for performance based increases
- 401(k) plan with immediate participation and eligibility for company match
- Health plan coverage for medical, prescription, dental, and vision care
- Company sponsored life insurance for employees, with the option to purchase additional coverage for the employee, spouse and children
- Paid time off for vacations, sickness and holidays
- Income security in the event of an employee’s illness through short- and long-term disability programs
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance and work life programs
- Global Fit
- Exclusive rates for gym memberships and gym equipment
- Weight loss and nutrition programs
- World Doc 24/7
- Health Education site providing tolls and resources to manage health
- 24 hour nurse line
- Health Advocate
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 14 months ago