We have an immediate opening for a Senior Analyst responsible for collecting, organizing, and tracking the financial metrics for the IT Outsourcing and Managed Services practices which comprise the Global Solutions Management (GSM) organization. The Senior Analyst will operate primarily as a liaison between Finance and the GSM teams, but will also interact with Service Delivery, Marketing and Sales to deliver test-in-class reporting. The Senior Analyst has forecasting, budgeting and management reporting responsibilities for a key operational area. The selected candidate must be dynamic and innovative, with strong strategic analytical and communication skills.
- Coordinate with the ITO and Managed Services leads to ensure metrics, concepts and financials are developed to align with the strategic objectives.
- Produce analysis of practice area performance including variances to budget and forecast.
- Thoroughly understand the ITO and Managed Services practice areas and the key drivers of profitability and growth.
- Coordinate with Sales Operations to driver reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and analytics surrounding pipeline, sales performance, WIN/Loss, etc.
- Provide insight and direction on the best methods for establishing the practice area financials, modeling, budgeting and forecasting of the business.
- Prepare and maintain the ITO and Managed Services practice P&L's any related customer level P&L's.
- Provide monthly Management reporting to ITO and Managed Services leaders to drive decision making and performance with a focus on growth and profitability.
- Gather requirements for analytics from adjunct teams (LDP. Sales Ops, Service Delivery) and incorporate into reporting.
- Utilize existing data resources (e.g. Salesforce.com) to develop improved data collection in support of relevant analytics.
- Partner with ITO and Managed Services leaders in managing the budgeting and forecasting of revenue, bookings, and margin targets for the practice areas.
- Produce accurate and insightful financial analysis for required tasks.
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Five-seven years of corporate experience required in the areas of financial management, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in financial modeling of services inclusive of relevant costing, headcount and capital.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the aptitude to apply knowledge and creativity to resolve complex issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work cross functionally while representing finance and the practice areas.
- High level of proficiency in Excel and significant experience with databases and Power Point.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to operate in fast paced organization with limited supervision or direction from management.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with attention to detail.
- Continually striving for improvement, self motivated and advocate for change.
- Strategic thinker with experience in the IT or services outsourcing industries.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA or advanced degree preferred.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Qwest Communications - 15 months ago