The Global Products Group (GPG) is responsible for the oversight of all new products offered by Morgan Stanley Wealth Management. The GPG is a division within the Risk Management organization reporting into the MSWM Chief Risk Officer. The team is comprised of four individuals and seeks to fill the position of GPC Senior Analyst.
Primary Job Responsibilities include:
• Partner with product areas under responsibility in order to facilitate new product and service proposals.
• Leverage product experience to provide strategic advice to product areas in developing proposals and vetting with all relevant functional areas.
• Facilitate development of formal new product approval (NPA) documentation and review through organizing meetings with stakeholders and functional areas, articulate issues, recommend risk mitigants and drive issues to resolution.
• Assess the viability of new product structures, identify unforeseen risks, flaws and provide potential solutions.
• Assess the appropriateness of proposed wrappers, offering platforms and methodology to gain desired market exposure, provide guidance regarding more suitable alternatives when necessary.
• Manage the short-term/long-term product proposal pipeline as well as the GPC agenda.
• Ensure products under responsibility are properly vetted with all necessary parties prior to GPC review.
• Coordinate post-launch and periodic ongoing product reviews, work with appropriate parties to close post-launch conditions and various follow-ups.
• Participate in Product Review Committee (PRC) process for areas under responsibility and manage escalations to GPC.
• Coordinate regulatory inquiries of new product approval process.
• Support GPC governance and business application of NPA policies and procedures.
• Scribe meeting minutes and follow-up summaries related to proposals under responsibility.
• Coordinate with Legal, Risk, Compliance, operations and other functional areas relevant to proposals under responsibility on new product related issues.
• Help facilitate Internal Audit reviews.
• Provide support to GPC in strategic projects.
• Hands-on experience & knowledge of Consulting Group and Investment Product types including Mutual Funds, UIT, Annuities, Insurance, 529, Corporate Equity Solutions, Personal Trust and managed money products. Banking and Lending knowledge preferred but not required.
• Financial Risk Management experience in a wealth management organization.
• Ability to change gears quickly and adjust to rapidly changing priorities and situations.
• Strong project management and communication skills.
• Willingness to deal with difficult situations & a proactive mindset.
• Education to degree level in a quantitative discipline.
• Series 7 Registration preferred
One of the world's top investment banks, Morgan Stanley serves up a smorgasbord of financial services. The company operates in three primary...