Performs professional level analysis and control functions in area of assignment.
Essential Job Functions:
• Serves as system administrator for the university-wide Learning Management Systems ( LMS )
• Administers the Learning Management System security for the university
• Works with the Learning Management System vendor to test and troubleshoot issues
• Develops and conducts Learning Management System training for university administrators, managers, and instructors
• Cognos HR adhoc report writing, database modeling and analytics for internal HR reporting and university-wide customers
• Assists in the implementation of the Enterprise Data Warehouse
• Provides Desktop Support for the HR department
• Consult with management to ensure agreement in system principles
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proficiency in SQL . MS Access, and Cognos Reporting Suite
• Related experience working with an enterprise Learning Management System
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of current practices and alternate solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Ability to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making
Bachelor’s degree in related field. Three (3) years related experience; OR a combination of related education and/or experience to equal seven years.
This is a Security Sensitive Level I Position: Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check and may be required to be fingerprinted.
• Information Technology certification or training
• Human Resources experience
• Knowledge in Human Resources, CSS , and Banner INB
• Exercise judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities
• Plan and organize effectively, prioritize goals, use time efficiently, and stay on task
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and maintain effective work relationships
• Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, and teaching and instruction for individuals and groups
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide the following with your application:
• Cover Letter
• Letter of Recommendation
• Simple grasping, fine manipulation, and picking or pinching
• Ability to push/pull, lift, or carry 10-25 lbs
Hourly Pay Range
15.38 - 25.96
Monthly Pay Range
2666.67 - 4500.00
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 16 months ago