Performs professional level analysis and control functions in area of assignment.
• Responsibilities include collecting, analyzing and developing data relative to area, making recommendations and assisting in implementation of projects
• Oversees Library’s servers, SANs and Compellent storage at TOSM and participates in project management, imaging of PC’s and Macs in the Library; infrastructure inventory, and life cycle of equipment and warranties
• Server OS installations, configurations, and patch management; network planning; security response; monitoring; and account provisioning and control
• Server and storage hardware maintenance; Server backup administration
• Create and manage documentation of lessons learned, best practices, and all other appropriate details, in all areas related to this position’s responsibilities, to enable effective progress tracking, ongoing accountability, support, replication, and evolution
• Assess the LTMS Support efforts/activities in effectiveness, efficiency, quality, and production
• Participates in on-going imaging of public and staff computers
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in related field. Three (3) years related experience; OR a combination of related education and/or experience to equal seven years.
This is a Security Sensitive Level II Position: Applications for this position will be subject to a criminal background check and may be required to be fingerprinted. Applicants will be subject to drug and alcohol testing after a conditional offer of employment has been extended but before employment can be confirmed. The offer of employment is contingent upon the candidate passing the drug test. Employees in Level II positions are subject to a post-accident drug testing.
• Experience in Windows Server 2008/R2
• Experience with Linux Server Administration
• Experience with Storage Area Networks and Administration
• Experience with Backup Administration and planning
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Sit, Stand, Walk, Move About, Drive, Bend, Stoop, or Twist, Climb Ladders or Step Stools, Stairs, Reach Outward, Above and Below Shoulder, Squat, Crouch, Kneel, or Crawl, Balance, Push, Pull, Lift, or Carry 50-70 lbs.
Hourly Pay Range
15.38 - 25.96
Monthly Pay Range
2666.67 - 4500.00
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 14 months ago