The Cadmus Group, Inc. is looking to fill a senior analyst or associate position with a highly-qualified candidate with a master’s degree or PhD. The position is to support research and policymaking on interdisciplinary public health, environmental, and energy issues (e.g., water quality and energy efficiency). The position is located within the Water Group of the Environmental Science and Public Policy Division of Cadmus. Because an important part of the position’s responsibilities is custom-making mathematical and statistical programs, candidates should be comfortable with educating themselves in (as well as taking direction in) new math/stat/programming tools. The ideal candidate would have upper-level coursework in mathematical statistics, modeling, and economics. Previous professional experience in a consulting office or a research office is preferred but not required. Successful candidates will possess sound quantitative reasoning, strong organizational abilities, fine oral communication skills, and an undaunted approach to problem-solving.
- Research and write high-quality deliverables for clients.
- Respond to needs and questions of external clients and internal project managers.
- Manage tasks and junior staff.
- Code programs for both data analysis and simulation models.
- Provide logistic and administrative support for Cadmus project staff.
- Work independently with minimal supervision, or in a team, as needed.
- Master’s Degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, or a related field with a laudable GPA.
- Clearly competent in 1 or more functional programming languages (we mostly use R, SAS, and VB).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint; Access experience is a bonus).
- Strong skills in writing and research.
- Dedicated work ethic, particularly in crunch-time.
- Demonstrated interest in the environment.
This position may be located in one of our East Coast offices: Waltham, MA; Arlington, VA; or Columbia, SC.
The Cadmus Group is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.