SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Senior Analytical Chemist will be responsible for conducting analytical characterization for developmental, commercial and competitive products, and for developing new test methods to accelerate new product development. This position will also work in conjunction with Manufacturing to provide analytical testing support for raw materials analysis and troubleshooting.
- Develop and validate analytical test methods using techniques including FT-IR, thermal analysis, GPC, microscopy, rheological, and wet-lab methods
- Work with NPD scientist and engineers to identify and implement the most effective testing protocols for material and structural characterizations
- Effectively coordinate the Analytical Laboratory to maximize resource utilization
- Collaborate as required with the Director of Quality Systems in designing raw materials testing protocols
- Document research projects in a timely manner
- Work with various functions in troubleshooting process or product performance issues
- Stay abreast of emerging analytical methods and technology through literature study, supplier contacts, and technical meetings, and incorporate the methods as appropriate
- Plan and supervise the activities of the Analytical technicians in all phases of the operation
- Document summaries and periodic detailed reports on individual projects in an timely manner as required
- Perform any other duties as assigned by PD&I management
ShurTech Brands, LLC, markets and manufactures do-it-yourself tapes under the Duck®, Painter's Mate Green®, Caremail®,...