-Responsible for specification, design, development, and testing of software projects-
% OF TIME PERFORMINGTASK | RESPONSIBILITY/ACCOUNTABILITY
63.60% Use engineering and design computer software to complete full lifecycle application development. Design, code and debug applications in various software languages.
0.9% Provide contact with Clients, vendor’s representatives and project field personnel.
9.10% Perform software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis and software review. Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports.
1.80% Analyze current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming.
4.50% Develop new software and review existing software to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product.
1.80% Utilize tools and equipment involved in performance of essential functions of programming including measuring instruments.
1.80% Provide feedback to support/training staff about usability issues concerning software specifications and implementation.
4.5% Provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
0.90% Preparation and/or modification of manpower requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders
1.8% Perform software testing and quality assurance.
9.1% Support, maintain and document software functionality.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Ability to keep supervisor and other team members apprised on a regular basis of all activities.
- Ability to maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a solid knowledge of principles and practices of related technical areas.
- Ability to work in multiple discipline projects.
- Ability to perform assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from Department Manager and or engineering specialist.
- Maintain positive client interactions.
- Effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- Mental activities necessary include concentration, mathematical accuracy, organization, and
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field (electrical engineering, computer science, physics discipline, etc.). OR Over ten (10) years of experience in software engineering, obtainable usually through a combination of experience and continuing education.
- Experience in embedded systems programming is a plus.
- Experience with C++.
- Programming experience with Linux is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Works predominately in an office environment: extensive computer work, carrying out both manual and repetitive arm hand and finger movements in regards to computerized data entry and data processing
tasks; and providing verbal contact with customers and co-workers.
- May lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects in excess of 1 lb. to 20 lbs frequently (75 %) and in excess of 20 lbs occasionally (10%).
- Job may require walking or standing for brief periods of time and may include periodic bending, stooping, crouching, and climbing as job requires.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not an inclusive list of other demands that may arise.