Make the Right Move and build your career by joining a growing and dynamic organization.About this Position: The Sr. ADE will support DSMs Engineering Plastics Business Unit for the Americas, with Headquarters in Birmingham, Michigan and will service domestic and international locations. The purpose of this position: |
• the primary interface with our customers on Application Development and Design support using and positioning our portfolio materials.
• interfaces with marketing and sales as well as other functions supporting customer activities.
• provides focus on the application performance and characteristics as it relates customer needs,
• ensures core business support and organic sustainable growth. This position is designed to promote customer satisfaction in their use of our products and services.
Key areas of accountability/responsibility: This senior level position is based on years of experience, demonstrated leadership and execution of customer and business objectives, internal and external. Providing strategic technical leadership in application development and optimum engineering solutions for DSM’s engineering plastics product line.
• Responsible for supporting the sales and marketing teams to meet growth initiatives
• establish strong customer relationships across market segments, while providing technical solutions, and value propositions leading project / program activities to deliver and capture value.External Support:
• Provide engineering solutions in CAE simulations, interpretations and design optimization to our key accounts in support of the DSM product lines and processes adding and capturing value.
• Support and develop new applications from concept through production.
• Responsible for acquisitions and application funnel pipeline
• Reviews CAD drawings and parts providing technical input into part design, material selection, processing requirements and validation.
• Is lead and champion positioning the adequate materials, resolving performance issues, coordinating analysis and resolution for the customer and DSM
• Understand markets/customer needs/ competitive products by providing feedback to the business.
• Assist customer in devising ways for cost improvements and implementing innovations.Internal Support:
• Provide input into the new product development and supply management teams.
• Develop strategic technical account plans for each assigned major key account.
• Monitor time allocations and scrutinize allocated cost versus customer spending caps
• Submit written communications / documentation as required in the form of reports, summaries, updates, and highlights, both internal and external.
• Stays current with technology advances and translates them maintaining a leadership position in the industry. Position KSAs: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities will you need:
• Team orientation and discipline
• Computer proficient
• CAE experience/exposure and knowledge of interpretation
• Working knowledge of Six Sigma methodology is a plus.
• Must have excellent customer relationship management skills
• Must be self-driven and have excellent organizational skills.
• Demonstrated business leadership skills
• Plastics engineering resins processing and tooling knowledge is a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written documentation / communication skills
Position Requirements: Experience and Education requirements.
• Must have a minimum of B.S. in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or related field, however a higher level degree is strongly preferred
• Must have minimum of 10 years of Application design/development in a related Plastic and / or manufacturing discipline.
• Experience in the Electrical and Electronics field and familiarity with trends, regulations, standards and terminology
• Demonstrated accomplishments and experience in leading development projects in Plastic materials or closely related fields
DSM - 30+ days ago
DSM wants to get more out of life, or at least life and material sciences. It focuses on nutritional products and performance materials,...