Deadlines/Schedules - The ability to complete, or oversee the completion of, job requirements on schedule, as well as the ability to communicate job status to management, fellow associates, and the client.
Cost-Effectiveness - The ability to produce and oversee quality work within profitability goals.
Communication Skills - The ability to provide effective communication between the client and all internal disciplines.
Customer Satisfaction/Follow-Up - The ability to establish a rapport with the client that can potentially lead to increased sales.
Development of Subordinates - The ability to assist in the development of associates into employees capable of promotion and acceptance of additional responsibility.
Strategic Skills - The amount and quality of planning, delegating, and proactive skills exhibited.
Team Building - The ability to raise and maintain morale through leadership and effective communication.
Responsible for application design, construction, and deployment of enterprise products and associated modules within an OO centric architecture. Architect and design both minor adjustments as well as major overhauls of product architecture. Translate application requirements into an OO business model. Support the development of a logical and physical data model mapping the application requirements to the database design. Translate OO model of persistent objects into a logical data model suitable for physical data modeling by the Database Engineer. Architect and design web based applications for integration with other enterprise applications. Define strategy and technical approach for meeting product performance, reliability, scalability and security goals. Establish programmatic tasks and performs verification tests of Application Engineers module development throughout development life cycle. Work closely with Database Engineers, Systems Analyst, Application Engineer, GUI Developer and technical staff. Work at the direction of Technology SBU Manager. Travel frequently by air or vehicle as required.
Prefer bachelors degree in Computer Science, and 3-8 years practical experience using C++, Visual BASIC, SQL, PERL, JAVA, etc., that includes the full software development life cycle (analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation).
Education and Experience:
- Experience with the design and implementation of enterprise application using object oriented techniques.
- Ability to analyze and implement enhancements to existing applications.
- Experience in developing enterprise applications and DLLs, APIs, UNIX applications, Internet (HTML and Web scripting) sites, or relational databases.
- Experience in developing stand-alone programs and programs that interface with existing systems.
- Automates conversion processes using full software development life cycle techniques.
- Ensures that all information is present in the proper sequence, format, and functionality to satisfy the quality requirements of the customer.
- Creates scripts, routines, and programs to help team members do their jobs more accurately and efficiently.
- Documents all development activities to accommodate future maintenance.
- Follows recommended practices for data protection and backup.
- Available for overtime per project requirements.
- Keeps abreast of the current developments in publishing technologies and software tools.
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision and can provide technical mentorship to others effectively.
O'Neil & Associates, Inc. - 22 months ago