Serve as a technical subject matter expert to others while performing the following tasks: plan, design, develop, modify, implement, support, and troubleshoot applications. Also required to conceive and design new processes and solutions to meet business needs while ensuring the technical and business direction of the organization are not compromised.
Conceives, designs, and creates wholly new knowledge concepts, tools, processes, and solutions in technical skill area
Provides in-depth technical expertise in all phases of system development lifecycle including system and software requirements analysis, design, coding, testing and documentation to ensure completion of the application development project lifecycle
Collaborates with internal and external clients including specialized technicians, business process experts, vendors, and business partners
Leads complex, high-risk projects
Reviews Business Requirements documents to gain a thorough understanding of the project deliverables.
Develops and tests coding changes for fixes or new projects to ensure it meets specifications before releasing to testing and production.
Supports routine and ad-hoc data request as well as special projects.
Develops conversion and system implementation plans.
Prepares system and programming documentation. Recommends changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
Acts as highest tier of support by providing training and guidance to team members.
Identifies emerging issues, their impact on the business, and advises leadership in the development of solutions offerings by identifying, resolving and recommending solutions to complex problems
Provides on-call support and works with technical groups, quality assurance and customer support groups to resolve application related problems
- Ability to organize multiple tasks for self and react to shifting priorities without compromising projects
- Ability to interact diplomatically with a variety of individuals on all levels
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical groups
- Ability to provide technical leadership on projects
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service, presentation, and communication skills
- Exhibits energy, strong desire to achieve, appropriately high dedication level
- Able to use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis of problem and evaluation of alternate solutions; use logic, mathematics, or other problem solving tools in data analysis or in generating solutions
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills in order to provide input into the Statement of Work and Scope Change documents; create detail design documents, unit test plans, status updates, and other development deliverables.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or similar) or equivalent work experience
- 8 or more years of experience as a Programmer Analyst or similar role
- Authority in technical skill area
- Comprehensive knowledge and exceptional insight into technology
- Expert knowledge of software development tools and methods
- Expert knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming
- Experience in structured approach to software development (i.e. Software Development Life-cycle - SDLC)
- Payments industry knowledge is preferred (Credit and Debit card processing)
- Payment switch (message switching) development a plus
- Experience with ISO 8583 messaging a plus
- Point of Sale knowledge a plus
- Agile/Scrum methodology experience a plus
- Unix/AIX, C, C++, Shell scripting, PERL, TCP/IP sockets
- GIT (or similar source control/release management experience)
Heartland Payment Systems is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Heartland Payment Systems was named one of Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT 2012"
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY), delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing, gift marketing and loyalty programs, payroll and...